Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS Modifications > Level Design

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.  
Old 04-23-2012, 07:52 AM

Default World Info. class weirdness

I'm having troubles with the allied MG and tank commander classes. The MG class spawns with only a Nagant revolver and 1 grenade despite having DP28_Content selected in world info. I even went so far as to select DP28 for primary and secondary weapons and it still didn't show up upon spawn.
The allied tank commander role is giving me trouble, too. I have the proper TankSpawnVolume and TankCrewPlayerStart set (on the map and in Kismet) but he doesn't spawn in a tank. I just get the 3rd person camera view then the death screen. I have an Axis tank commander set up the same way and it works fine. I even went so far as to completely delete and re-build the Allied tank spawn area but had the same result.

Click here to go to the next developer post in this thread.   #2  
Old 04-23-2012, 09:06 AM
Tripwire Interactive Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalavos View Post
I'm having troubles with the allied MG and tank commander classes. The MG class spawns with only a Nagant revolver and 1 grenade despite having DP28_Content selected in world info. I even went so far as to select DP28 for primary and secondary weapons and it still didn't show up upon spawn.
Are you overriding the equipment for the role? (Russian MG role)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalavos View Post
The allied tank commander role is giving me trouble, too. I have the proper TankSpawnVolume and TankCrewPlayerStart set (on the map and in Kismet) but he doesn't spawn in a tank. I just get the 3rd person camera view then the death screen. I have an Axis tank commander set up the same way and it works fine. I even went so far as to completely delete and re-build the Allied tank spawn area but had the same result.
Make sure you have the Russian Tank Role's SQUAD set to vehicle. NOTE: You cannot have any infantry roles in the same squad as a tank since the squads are either Infantry or Vehicle. If you set it to vehicle, make sure you also assign the correct tank for the Role. Obviously, the Russians get the T34 and the Germans get the Panzer IV. The swap role is the opposite teams tank.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [TW]Swag View Post
Are you overriding the equipment for the role? (Russian MG role)

Make sure you have the Russian Tank Role's SQUAD set to vehicle. NOTE: You cannot have any infantry roles in the same squad as a tank since the squads are either Infantry or Vehicle. If you set it to vehicle, make sure you also assign the correct tank for the Role. Obviously, the Russians get the T34 and the Germans get the Panzer IV. The swap role is the opposite teams tank.
I'm pretty sure I'm not overriding the equipment but I'll check it again when I get home.

Squad is definately set to Vehicle and I have the T-34 selected. One question I've had, though, is about the role info. part. Do you need to further select "PzIVTurretContent" for primary weapon or is it set as default for the Tank Commander class? For that matter, do you need to set the primary weapons for all of the tank classes?

-Funny thing about the tank commander spawn thing, in previous "saves" of the level I'm working on, the Allied Tank Commander role worked perfectly.

This is the last developer post in this thread.   #4  
Old 04-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Tripwire Interactive Staff

None of the roles require any sort of equipment assignment. The overriding capability is there for the SP implementation of RO2.

As to the weirdness as time goes on pertaining to spawning, if a volume is resized in any capacity then the geometry will have to be rebuilt.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:06 PM

Cool. Thanks, Swag!

Old 04-23-2012, 11:11 PM

FWIW, when I got home I nuked and re-built all of my spawns and the role info. sections in World Properties and the machine gunner problems were all fixed but the tank issues remained. So I re-built the tank spawns again and still nothing. Then I moved the tank squad to the "0" squad position and suddenly everything worked. I still can't spawn into a T-34, though but at least the bots can.