• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Preview @ PCGamer

Here are full scale screens

a8a6a8499825f5e40108a80bbf60632fe116322d.jpg

fffe0429208040511e3c1d44198e6dbc2dcb08fc.jpg

Reactions: Fedorov
Upvote 0
I don't want to start flame war again, but after consulting with friend of mine, he told me that Panzer on the screens is actually F2 model, not G. The only difference between those two models was the gun. Gun ( Kw. K. 40 L43) was fitted with a double baffle muzzle brake in G, instead of single like in F2 model.

Single baffle muzzle brake
Double baffle muzzle brake

For the record: it's not another blame post "you made that historically incorrect", but just a question.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Afaik early model G's still had the other gun. This one is modelled after the one at the bovington tank museum which is somewhat a mixture of different types.

Sounds correct, I've found some informations, that only couple hundreds of ~1700 manufactured G series had double baffle muzzle brake.

Thx for answer and additional informations Zets.

Upvote 0
I don't want to start flame war again, but after consulting with friend of mine, he told me that Panzer on the screens is actually F2 model, not G. The only difference between those two models was the gun. Gun ( Kw. K. 40 L43) was fitted with a double baffle muzzle brake in G, instead of single like in F2 model.

Single baffle muzzle brake
Double baffle muzzle brake

For the record: it's not another blame post "you made that historically incorrect", but just a question.

A couple of hundred G's recieved the L/43 cannon with single baffle muzzle break. One can generally say that the name changes were not based on any modifications on vehicles but orders from high levels. The vehicles just got a new name even if they were surviving, old vehicles. Before 1942 July, the long-gunned Panzer IV were known as F2, but they became G after then. That means, F2 and G were not essentially differentiable until post-war militarians separate them either due to short of information or for a convenient use.

All the changes that one "may" recognise as changes from F2 to mid G are not changes from one to another, but changes during the production run of the ausf. G.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are the dev's going to fix these hinges? They should be reversed.
ie. the right side should be welded to the frame and not the lid.
The cover was removed by lifting and sliding to the left.
Not as depicted here.

Hinges.PNG

Floyd <in before the rivet counting>:p

Floyd i think i could possibly love you.....no homo though ;):D

Upvote 0
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/01/21/big-10-of-2011/

Red Orchestra 2: Heroes of Stalingrad

• Release Date: Late Q1/Early Q2 – Developer: Tripwire Interactive- Publisher: Tripwire Interactive
    URL: www.heroesofstalingrad.com
Imagine a cover system that isn't a refuge from tension, but creates it.

Why it’s a winner? Uncompromisingly PC
A shot in the arm for the Call of Duty-fatigued, Red Orchestra 2 is Tripwire Interactive’s gunpowder-perfumed love letter to complexity. We don’t knock shooter-makers releasing their works on multiple platforms, but RO2 is already showing us what a multiplayer FPS can do when it’s locked-in exclusively for the PC: true-to-life ballistics that differentiates between whether my bullet tags an enemy in the liver or the shoulder, a first-person cover and weapon-bracing system and massive, 64-player battlefields that forego the boring bottlenecks we’re used
to in favor of intricate, varied avenues for shooting other men.
Of course, all that realism wouldn’t be worth the ash off Stalin’s cigar if it didn’t control comfortably. But that may be RO2’s greatest feat—building dazzling, detailed systems that reward precision, tactics and teamwork in a WWII setting, without any collateral damage to accessibility. EL

nice!

Upvote 0