• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Duke Nukem Forever - OMGWTF, IT'S ACTUALLY RELEASED!?!

The attitude is right, but since I don't have nostalgic ties to Duke Nukem, I won't be getting DNF on release date just for the sake of being a Duke game. The console game characterics are very evident and I'm tired of seeing features like cover systems and regenarating health. Besides, Duke doesn't need those. I'm also wondering whether they were able to create diverse maps with secrets or boring linear ones.

Reactions: Dcode
Upvote 0
Hmmm, interesting trailer. From it, the fights look very interesting and cool, but the vehicle part of it looks terrible. And is it me, or does Duke's voice sound exceptionally lame in this trailer? Alot of the appeal of the game is Duke himself and that just doesn't cut it for me.

I will keep my eye on this for nostalgia's sake, but won't purchase it until I read reviews from critics and players here on the forums.

Upvote 0
"213 has not made any friends yet "

1.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: I. Kant
Upvote 0
Hell, I don't care what anyone thinks, I'll play it for nostalgia's sake. Duke is the ultimate cheesy action hero and as long as you treat the game in that way, I think it'll be a fun game. I'm expecting it to be short though. I probably won't buy it for the full price.

Nope 16-18 hours thats what 2-3 call of duty's?
They claimed that in a recent interview so its definitely a lengthy game.

Upvote 0