Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Killing Floor Forums > Killing Floor General > General Discussion

Old 04-20-2012, 05:36 PM

Default Has anyone ever had a killing floor based dream?

I had one a few nights ago, and I haven't played KF in 2 months.
In the dream I encountered a new specimen called a "Young Clot". It was a humanoid creature that didn't have skin. They were spawning from a large fleshy nestlike structure. A scrake gestured for me to walk over to the structure, and I did. I then started to attack it with my chainsaw, and then the Scrake knocked me down and said "Do not interfere with the devil's mastery". **** was weird.

Last edited by FrozenFireBug; 04-21-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 04-20-2012, 05:47 PM

I had one that felt very IRL. Someone intentionally pushed me over to leave me with the gorefasts with only a 9mm.

I woke up in rage.

Old 04-20-2012, 06:26 PM

Funny, I had the first and only KF dream last night. Found myself in a totally abandoned part of Manhattan, heard some mumbling behind a door, opened it and a scrake started out at me. Ran for a while, but it kept following me no matter how far I went. Since the "levels" in my dreams have been recurring fairly often of late, I figured I'd try to trap him in a room in the university. Unfortunately, since the last dream the basement level window I was going to had had bars installed (my mind would be a real asshole AI director in L4D/AS). Turned around and the scrake was right next to me swinging, barely dodged its saw as it hit the wall and spat stinging bits of concrete and pulled myself back up to street level. Made it down into the subway station, figuring a train would put some distance if they were still running. Unfortunately, it decided to rage at this point and charge after me, just as the train was coming. Tried to jump onto the tracks to avoid the saw, but ended up getting bisected just as the train hit me...

They say dreams are practice for real dangerous situations, so I guess if I am ever chased by a scrake I should avoid subways at all costs? Either that or I should avoid telling people my dreams.
Old 04-20-2012, 06:37 PM
Banned

Hmm, to be honest I mostly don't dream games stuff except from Resident Evil stuff, but I had few KF related dreams. One of the weirdest ones was that I was sick and couldn't go to school, so they said they'll send teachers to my home and I'll study at home with teachers, and well, turned out the teacher was a siren... I edned up having her scream in my ears, and when I woke up turned out someone just made a tea, hence why the scream in my dream and maybe also why Siren at all in my dream

Also once I dreamt I was fighting with Patriarch and I found a secret door at Biotics lab which led to Resident Evil lab and well all that dream went into huge mash-up of other games, odd enough huh?
Old 04-20-2012, 11:10 PM

yes, and they were very unpleasant. I was still myself, so no weapon/combat experience, etc. and there were gorefasts I could see trying to get in my house, banging on the windows.... D:

also had one w/the patriarch chasing me like he does in the game. woke up right when he reached me. whenever I'm the last one left ingame and I'm in that scenario, I cant help but be uneasy.
Old 04-20-2012, 11:28 PM

Quite a while back I had a dream that I was running through some kind of warehouse taking out fleshpounds and husks with my ninja-style kicks.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:35 AM

I had a dream once where i was kiting (i think, this was a vague memory) around a level much like Suburbia, it was night and i was running down an alley much like the ones in Suburbia.

If i remember correctly it was a 3rd person experience, and that's what a few of my dreams are like.
Old 04-21-2012, 01:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandleJack View Post
I had a dream once where i was kiting (i think, this was a vague memory) around a level much like Suburbia, it was night and i was running down an alley much like the ones in Suburbia.

If i remember correctly it was a 3rd person experience, and that's what a few of my dreams are like.
Phew so you had unlimited grenades. That almost sounded like a nightmare.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:11 PM

I did. Don't remember the details, though.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:32 PM

I once dreamt about dragon ball Z, though I hate that stuff, but never of KF; maybe I only of what's been bad to me
Old 04-21-2012, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsey22 View Post
More like spectator mode i guess.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:22 AM

I remember seeing myself in a top-down perspective once after I played for way too long over a certain week. Didn't have anything but a pistol and AK, made my way through my neighborhood through agility alone (something I lack in real life) and ended up in the streets of London. Across the Atlantic ocean. Hmm.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karsey22 View Post
lol I see what you did there. The first time I encountered that glitch it was with a friend playing firebug. He kept running back and forth down on the second floor of office throwing fire grenades shouting "FEAR ME FEAR ME!"
Old 04-22-2012, 06:23 PM

I haven't had a dream entirely about KF, but every once in a while zeds will show up here and there... One day I was in a church, long time since I had been there so I was observing what had changed. Out from the middle of nowhere a stream of clots shambled their way up to the front and disappeared down some doorway hidden from the masses. Strangely enough, no one panicked. It was as if it was a normal part of their sermon, so I just shrugged it off

Another time I woke up dimly remembering something about gorefasts, Tribes: Ascend, and its theme about going fast
Old 04-23-2012, 07:04 AM

I had sexual dream in trader room and no, not with specimen or trader ***** :|
Old 04-23-2012, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoBoT View Post
I had sexual dream in trader room and no, not with specimen or trader ***** :|
Was it with the new female character? Or the dude from The Ball?

Old 04-23-2012, 10:18 AM

I have had quite the few dreams with kf. but there is especially one dream that I remember (which was pretty ****ed up). it was after 3days of kf and anime non-stop without sleep.

In my dream I was playing this game called. "darkside of naruto" which is technically starwars where naruto was darth vader. and "darthvader" had to team up with the killing floor specimens to fight of some random anime characters along with l4d :P
Old 04-23-2012, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Gibby View Post
Was it with the new female character? Or the dude from The Ball?
It was with my Xan character I made for sure.

www.fluxiservice.com - Friendly, supportive game server host awaiting your arrival.
>> My Custom Content Archive <<
Old 04-24-2012, 12:43 PM

I'm unfortunately cursed with hardly ever being able to remember a dream. But many a time, I have woken up with a craving for the swing of the KF axe, or the view down the ironsights of the Lever Action. I assume these are because I've been dreaming about such things..
Old 04-24-2012, 02:12 PM

If your a gamer, you'll eventually have a game like dream once in a while.

Its worse however if you start thinking its a dream and realize your wide awake