Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 04-13-2012, 01:51 PM
cucamonster's Avatar
cucamonster cucamonster is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
@OP
The solution for you is to NOT read this forum then I guess. The game is not what it should be or what most of us expected. The forums serve as a voice to express different views on the game and to discuss those and possibly help to influence the devs decisions.
Just like your post! Well just that I see very little truth in it....

What "realism" in a PC game means is up for discussion, isn't it. I do not see any harm in this.
this
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-13-2012, 02:43 PM
Mike_Nomad Mike_Nomad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 5,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piscator View Post
@OP
The solution for you is to NOT read this forum then I guess. The game is not what it should be or what most of us expected. The forums serve as a voice to express different views on the game and to discuss those and possibly help to influence the devs decisions.
Just like your post! Well just that I see very little truth in it....

What "realism" in a PC game means is up for discussion, isn't it. I do not see any harm in this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cucamonster View Post
this
Ah yes the old, leave if ya don't like what you see.

That is a two way street!!

ps stop chasing ppl away!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-13-2012, 02:57 PM
Comrade Kaizer's Avatar
Comrade Kaizer Comrade Kaizer is offline
One Man Ostfront Band
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,106
Default

They should just commit a special section for threads like this already...

EDIT: To clarify before the moans and groans... these threads might have good intentions but they almost always go awry. From both perspectives of both camps/parties - the threads of tired of being tired of tired players in tired threads is in itself a limbo of no logical return.

Last edited by Comrade Kaizer; 04-13-2012 at 03:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-13-2012, 04:25 PM
Avtomat's Avatar
Avtomat Avtomat is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Hungary
Posts: 348
Default

Quote:
At least try not to speak for everybody in here, because you don't.....
I know I don't. I do speak for the leftover diehard realism fans tough.
Since as we all know the majority left already because of RO2's personality disorder. Trying to please the realism crowd with a little bit of realism and trying to please the arcade crowd with a bunch of COD **** didn't really work out that well did it? Still too hardcore for the COD kids and too arcade for realism guys.

Quote:
If I was wanting that much of a hard on for Realism, I'd be looking for a simulator..... or I'd just join the military.
Oh great... the classic "HURR DURR JOIN THE ARMY IF YOU WANT REALISM" attitude. Lovely

I do play simulators but I won't serve a NATO puppet military...

Quote:
I play RO because RO is a Video Game. I play it to have fun.
COOL! I seriously thought you played it because someone pointed gun at you...

Everyone of us plays it because of that. Who says you can't have fun in realistic games?
I'm pissed off because of posts like OP's. OMG WTF REALISM GUYS GTFO! NOONE LIKES REALISM IN GAMES bla bla bla...

TWI should make seperate sections for RO2 modes. For Classic, Realism and Normal so we could make our suggestion in those.
We won't have to deal with eachother's ****, everyones happy.


Quote:
Just because others here play RO for different reasons than your own, that's no justification to tell them to go play "CS:S or some Sh*t"
That works both ways. Just because we want realism in RO2 doesn't give the arcade crowd the right to tell us to go fu*k off and play simulations/join the army.


Quote:
We already have a small handful of players to play with online due to dismal player counts in recent months.... all we need now is for people like you to act like a jerk to everyone else and suggest they go somewhere else.
Guess where that low playercound comes from. It comes from the game's inability to satisfy most of it's community. The only thing that gets me to play RO2 are new patches being released. Many people feel the same way over here.
__________________

♫Когда поют солдаты - Спокойно дети спят♫
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-13-2012, 06:49 PM
Raneman's Avatar
Raneman Raneman is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 642
Default

Bro-fist avtomat, you and me are the greatest of the... 15 or so people who still post on the RO2 forums.

Wolverine told me he's leaving after he's done with Arad, so we'll be down to 14 soon.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 04-13-2012, 07:17 PM
Mike_Nomad Mike_Nomad is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Florida, USA
Posts: 5,025
Default

Doomsayers always finish wondering... What Happened?
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 04-13-2012, 07:24 PM
Razvanss's Avatar
Razvanss Razvanss is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 200
Default

I specialy did this post to see something.....and I was right about it!After 205 hours in RO2 and 39 in the BETA(I wil exclude RO1 and DH hours) dezinstaling the game and out of these forum,yea yea nobody cares(you should),a strong game is a strong comunity!
Over and out.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 04-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Pig Pig is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabysmal View Post
All I have to say is that anyone who is a massive pusher of realism, try project reality. I love it, but you will see just how quickly defending a point on a 4km map can get boring.
thats why there is RO/Darkst Hour....smaller maps+realsim=lots of fun

RO2 is a mix between RO and more modern FPs games likes CoD, that doesn't really mix well
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 04-13-2012, 08:15 PM
>< f4ct0r...13 >< f4ct0r...13 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: California
Posts: 379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pig View Post
thats why there is RO/Darkst Hour....smaller maps+realsim=lots of fun

RO2 is a mix between RO and more modern FPs games likes CoD, that doesn't really mix well
that's a nice way to put it

There are enough video games that paly themselves.

That was the beauty of RO...you *had* to play it.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 04-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Destraex Destraex is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 315
Default

Has nobody noticed that a lot of ex-military like games that present them with what they used to do... even if its not their time period? Even current military enjoy these games. I think they are encouraged to play them to promote team work, much like they play paint ball.
Has anybody noticed the military use a lot of computer games for training?

I'm all for realism myself. Lets you learn from history and experience what should never be experienced in RL. Its not perfect but nothing is. you get more of a feel from this game of what the eastern front battles were like imho than any history book will give.

Now I understand some reaslism is abstracted or relaxed for game play's sake and thats fine. I just don't like it when realism is compromised when "its possible to do things correctly".

imho if your not stiving to make it as real as possible you may as well just set it in a fantasy environment.

Keep on striving for excellence Tripwire. This has got to be along with arma2 my favorite FPS of all time.

i guess it really depends on what your agenda is. Why you like to play ww2 games.

P.S. Anybody sane who has played high fidelity war games will attempt to avoid war at all costs.

P.S.2. It is taking a long time. I still check every week or so for new official maps and DLC vehicles. I do like this game a lot but have had over exposure to it and other games to play. I clocked over 200hrs or some such in a short period of time. But I can see with classic mode, DLC and an expansion maybe that this game will rock again.
A new mode like persistent multiplayer campaign is sorely needed to give clans a reason to play.

Last edited by Destraex; 04-13-2012 at 11:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 04-14-2012, 12:09 AM
Cpt-Praxius's Avatar
Cpt-Praxius Cpt-Praxius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canadian in Australia
Posts: 3,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avtomat View Post
I know I don't. I do speak for the leftover diehard realism fans tough.
Since as we all know the majority left already because of RO2's personality disorder.

Trying to please the realism crowd with a little bit of realism and trying to please the arcade crowd with a bunch of COD **** didn't really work out that well did it? Still too hardcore for the COD kids and too arcade for realism guys.
Actually people who left, left for many different reasons.... this so-called personality disorder being only one of those reasons.

Other reasons include performance issues, lag issues, bugs, glitches, first time playing and simply didn't like it, lack of content, feeling ripped off due to half the features presented not being in the game at launch..... etc. etc.

But go ahead, if it makes things more simple for you, make the baseless claim that all of those people left because it wasn't RO1 or it wasn't COD.

Quote:
Oh great... the classic "HURR DURR JOIN THE ARMY IF YOU WANT REALISM" attitude. Lovely
Compared to the "HUURRRRRRRR DEEERRRR DDDDUUUUUAAAAAHHHHHH..... go Playe CS:S or COD"..... garbage in, garbage out..... I'm just pointing out that for every time somebody in here like you wants to trash everybody else out who isn't hard up on Realism like you are and tell them all to leave & go play something else, that the counter argument is for you to leave and go play in the military.

Sounds stupid?

Take a look at your own comments, cuz they're just as stupid.

Quote:
I do play simulators but I won't serve a NATO puppet military...
Ok then, if everybody else is supposed to go play COD, then you can go back to your boring simulators..... see how that works?

Quote:
COOL! I seriously thought you played it because someone pointed gun at you...
Sounds like that's what you'd want.... it'd be more real then wouldn't it? An actual gun is at play..... like Wow.

Quote:
Everyone of us plays it because of that. Who says you can't have fun in realistic games?
Depends on what you like.... I don't like simulators because they're boring as old, cheesy hell, but that's each person's preference.

The problem here is that RO was in the middle ground of FPS's between entertainment, fun, multiplayer & realism.... yet because you enjoyed the "Realism" aspect of the game, you think you're the omnipotent dictator for all to adhere to in regards to how RO should be..... in that it should be nothing but a realism-based simulator, and anybody who doesn't agree with you, should go play COD.

Again, the counter is for you to take a flying leap and go join the military.

This is why RO2 and TWI decided to try and reach a middle ground and have different game options for people to choose from, because if they did go completely one way or the other, there'd be just as many complaints and arguments as there are now.

Quote:
I'm pissed off because of posts like OP's. OMG WTF REALISM GUYS GTFO! NOONE LIKES REALISM IN GAMES bla bla bla...
The fact that you're "Pissed Off" over a mere video game and getting all riled up over others who don't share your views on Realism speaks volumes and kind of proves the OP's point on how nuts some people in here can get.

Quote:
TWI should make seperate sections for RO2 modes. For Classic, Realism and Normal so we could make our suggestion in those.
We won't have to deal with eachother's ****, everyones happy.
And thus further dividing the community even further.... brilliant.

Maybe you should just grow some thicker skin, take a pill and accept that people have different likes and different opinions, rather than getting "Pissed Off" because some members don't agree with you and kiss your arse over everything you say.

Quote:
That works both ways. Just because we want realism in RO2 doesn't give the arcade crowd the right to tell us to go fu*k off and play simulations/join the army.
Ah.... so he finally gets it.

Just remember, you're the one who started to bring up the old "Go play CS:S / COD" crap.

Quote:
Guess where that low playercound comes from. It comes from the game's inability to satisfy most of it's community. The only thing that gets me to play RO2 are new patches being released. Many people feel the same way over here.
Again, the reasons for the low player counts these days are over a number of issues in RO2 mentioned above.... and you trashing on everyone else who's not some realism junkie isn't helping the player count go up.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 04-14-2012, 12:24 AM
PeteAtomic PeteAtomic is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 566
Default

I just want my MTV

(gotta be over 30-something to get that)
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 04-14-2012, 08:05 AM
Cpt-Praxius's Avatar
Cpt-Praxius Cpt-Praxius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Canadian in Australia
Posts: 3,290
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAtomic View Post
I just want my MTV

(gotta be over 30-something to get that)
Bev'er'ly Hill'Bill'ies..... Had to have watched UHF or really into Weird Al to get that.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 04-14-2012, 10:39 AM
Piscator Piscator is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 654
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_Nomad View Post
Ah yes the old, leave if ya don't like what you see.

That is a two way street!!

ps stop chasing ppl away!

You really did not get this mate! Still insulted I guess...nevermind!
Chasing players away by pointing out what the forums are for (which was the whole point of this thread) and being pro choice of mode to play ??? Seriously???

Relax buddy!

Last edited by Piscator; 04-14-2012 at 01:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 04-14-2012, 03:45 PM
oldblood oldblood is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 17
Default

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Jesus, if i was a TWI employee I would say why do I bother...
It will be sorted, everyone will be happy and i may even win the lottery!!!
__________________
i5, EVGA Mobo, 16gig Ram, 560Ti graphics, creative X-Fi sound, Coolermaster Power, OC'd to 4.9 Stable. Win 7 64bit
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 04-14-2012, 11:11 PM
The_Cook The_Cook is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 542
Default

Realism and tactical gameplay is what set RO1 apart from all the other shooters. COD BF CS QUAKE UT etc.. etc.. etc.. what are they? ARCADE SHOOTERS. I would have been playing Rainbow Six Vegas, but Ubisoft skunked the **** out of the series with a release much like RO2 but they never patched or supported it so BIG +1 to TWI.

That is what set RO apart from every other shooter out there. The fact that it was the Eastern front, or western front, or pacific, or space would have not mattered. It was all about the gameplay. Cause it definitely wasn't the graphics I can tell you that right now.

Personally if I had control of TWI I would have told them to make RO2: Modern Warfare. RO1 gameplay, RO2 refinements, FN-FAL, MP5, AK-47, Flashbangs, Leopards vs. T-90's
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 04-15-2012, 11:39 AM
wake_up wake_up is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: MerKozy Land
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAtomic View Post
I just want my MTV
(gotta be over 30-something to get that)
Then you also should know, that "the Truth is out there".
Is MTV still available where you live, or became it pay TV?
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 04-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Apos's Avatar
Apos Apos is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Europe
Posts: 1,749
Default

I liked and played RO:O because it was so much different than mainstream FPS games. RO:O offered great balance between realism and solid gameplay, and successor of Ostfront needed new game engine, animations, features like mantling etc.

Since TWI decided to go with "more accessible"/unlocks/levels/SMG's gun'n'run/mobile respawns/fantasy weapons/<you_name_it> and totally forgot what was most important about RO roots, fans and customers started discussion about where HoS is going, but devs ignored it.

After release we got a game with limited features, bugs and gameplay that didn't fit RO nor CoD players. Player base went down, roladder has been closed and you know the rest of story.

RO2 might get back from it's own grave if TWI:
- release RO2 gamemode ie classic
- add missing day one features (campaign mode, demorec 2.0, etc)
- fix most of bugs so maybe roladder will be reopened
- release RO-style maps w/o APCs
- fix mod tools (I've heard that mappers ain't happy about current state) and organize map contest
- start free weekend, drop price and add Rising Storm for free

The truth is: TWI succeeded in sale numbers and income for sure, but totally failed on other fronts.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 04-16-2012, 03:27 PM
lods of emone lods of emone is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Cook View Post
Realism and tactical gameplay is what set RO1 apart from all the other shooters. COD BF CS QUAKE UT etc.. etc.. etc.. what are they? ARCADE SHOOTERS. I would have been playing Rainbow Six Vegas, but Ubisoft skunked the **** out of the series with a release much like RO2 but they never patched or supported it so BIG +1 to TWI.

That is what set RO apart from every other shooter out there. The fact that it was the Eastern front, or western front, or pacific, or space would have not mattered. It was all about the gameplay. Cause it definitely wasn't the graphics I can tell you that right now.

Personally if I had control of TWI I would have told them to make RO2: Modern Warfare. RO1 gameplay, RO2 refinements, FN-FAL, MP5, AK-47, Flashbangs, Leopards vs. T-90's
CS, Quake and UT aren't arcade shooters, they're arena shooters. Pretty insulting to lump them with modern BF and modern CoD.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 04-16-2012, 06:03 PM
DiedTrying's Avatar
DiedTrying DiedTrying is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA Prime Credit
Posts: 1,433
Default

"Oh noes, you want halftracks? That's way too much reality for a video game!"

pfft, some of you kids are unbelievable.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2014, Tripwire Interactive, LLC