Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 PM

Default Just Ordered The Game Cheap $18.99

Been a huge fan of RO1 for at least 3 years now and recently built my new computer so I could play this and Cliffs of Dover. I realize there have been troubles with both of these games but I have faith that they will be improved in time. I couldn't pass up the price today on Amazon and finally ordered it. Looking foward to seeing all of you in my sights
Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 PM

Welcome to RO2! awesome game and it will only get better from here.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:15 PM

Agree! A very good game. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.
Old 04-11-2012, 10:25 PM

Welcome! You probably bought it at a very good time, for a very good price. With the Classic mode coming out shortly and further DLC, custom maps etc on the horizon this is a very exciting time to be involved in RO2.
Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 AM

for anyone else looking for a great deal....http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...:WNARL:US:1123
ro-ost, ro2 and the perks for buying it pre-release.(i think.don't quote me) i think it comes with the bayo unlocks and the tf2 hats.
Old 04-12-2012, 02:20 PM

welcome mate
Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brewski View Post
Welcome! You probably bought it at a very good time, for a very good price. With the Classic mode coming out shortly and further DLC, custom maps etc on the horizon this is a very exciting time to be involved in RO2.
i hope for simple patches and no dlc
Old 04-12-2012, 02:58 PM

Of course the DLC's will be free.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:14 PM

RO2 isn't very fun, and it doesn't work very well.

Cliffs of Dover turns into a slide show when a few bullets hit water or when I fly over a city. My PC isn't fast, but it isn't slow either: GTX 560ti 2GB, AMD 965, 8GB DDR2. Maybe if I turn all of the settings down I might be able to get away with a stable 20 frame rates, but that is too low for such a game...
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM

welcome.

you should have waited another 2-3 months though in my opinion. By then the steam summer sale would have begun and hopefully Classic Mode would be operational.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzako View Post
Of course the DLC's will be free.
i dont think so
Old 04-13-2012, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogger23m View Post
Cliffs of Dover turns into a slide show when a few bullets hit water or when I fly over a city. My PC isn't fast, but it isn't slow either: GTX 560ti 2GB, AMD 965, 8GB DDR2. Maybe if I turn all of the settings down I might be able to get away with a stable 20 frame rates, but that is too low for such a game...
CLoD is amazing. You should be able to run it better on your system. Try reducing setting to medium (stil great visuals) and, most importantly remove/ rename the intro video (splash screen) - see how to do this at the bottom of the thread here:

http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/1402775.htm
Old 04-13-2012, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogger23m View Post
RO2 isn't very fun, and it doesn't work very well.

Fun is subjective, and maxed out ro2 runs at 50-60 fps for me and hasnt crashed in months. CLOD is also maxed out running at 40-60 gps depending on location/action.

GTX 560 TI twin frozr, i52500k @ 4.8, 8 gigs of ram.

Don't spew your personal problems around making it seem like its the product, RO2 isn't what we expected and CLOD was a mess at launch but both are greatly improved/improving.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:37 PM

Ahh, that's a shame. You would have been better served getting the game at launch when people were actually playing it.

It's a bit of a ghost town right now (and will likely be for the foreseeable future). Depending on where you are you might have trouble finding populated servers. Being in Croatia there is about one server that is almost continually at near capacity (64 players) without being full of bots.

Also, given the price you paid and the lack of active community there is right now, I'd say you were ripped off.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabysmal View Post
Fun is subjective, and maxed out ro2 runs at 50-60 fps for me and hasnt crashed in months. CLOD is also maxed out running at 40-60 gps depending on location/action.

GTX 560 TI twin frozr, i52500k @ 4.8, 8 gigs of ram.

Don't spew your personal problems around making it seem like its the product, RO2 isn't what we expected and CLOD was a mess at launch but both are greatly improved/improving.
Personal problems my - what a terrible answer. Maybe when TWI fixes the server browser in RO2 I will change my tone. They had it fixed for a few weeks then a patch screwed it up again. Even if I wanted to play the game, I have to wait until a friend on Steam is playing it, right click join server. Or I can manually type in a server address every time I want to play, though I will have no idea what map, players, ping, settings it has. I've changed video card drivers, video cards, and routers and this issue still exists.

As for CloD, yes I can turn the settings down to the lowest, but the fact that you can go from 50 to 7-8 frame rates from 5-7 machinegun/cannon rounds hitting water is poor optimization.

Last edited by Flogger23m; 04-15-2012 at 01:54 PM.