Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-11-2012, 08:47 PM
BigGun BigGun is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5
Default Just Ordered The Game Cheap $18.99

Been a huge fan of RO1 for at least 3 years now and recently built my new computer so I could play this and Cliffs of Dover. I realize there have been troubles with both of these games but I have faith that they will be improved in time. I couldn't pass up the price today on Amazon and finally ordered it. Looking foward to seeing all of you in my sights
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:10 PM
eliterizzo's Avatar
eliterizzo eliterizzo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 130
Default

Welcome to RO2! awesome game and it will only get better from here.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:15 PM
mrman54 mrman54 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 204
Default

Agree! A very good game. Hope you will enjoy it as much as I have.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-11-2012, 10:25 PM
Mr. Brewski's Avatar
Mr. Brewski Mr. Brewski is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 152
Default

Welcome! You probably bought it at a very good time, for a very good price. With the Classic mode coming out shortly and further DLC, custom maps etc on the horizon this is a very exciting time to be involved in RO2.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-12-2012, 01:48 AM
r5cya's Avatar
r5cya r5cya is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: San Bruno, California
Posts: 6,046
Default

for anyone else looking for a great deal....http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI...:WNARL:US:1123
ro-ost, ro2 and the perks for buying it pre-release.(i think.don't quote me) i think it comes with the bayo unlocks and the tf2 hats.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:20 PM
Borkac's Avatar
Borkac Borkac is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Macedonia
Posts: 309
Default

welcome mate
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:49 PM
bier bier is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 105
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Brewski View Post
Welcome! You probably bought it at a very good time, for a very good price. With the Classic mode coming out shortly and further DLC, custom maps etc on the horizon this is a very exciting time to be involved in RO2.
i hope for simple patches and no dlc
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Tzako's Avatar
Tzako Tzako is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Belgium
Posts: 192
Default

Of course the DLC's will be free.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-12-2012, 09:14 PM
Flogger23m Flogger23m is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,419
Default

RO2 isn't very fun, and it doesn't work very well.

Cliffs of Dover turns into a slide show when a few bullets hit water or when I fly over a city. My PC isn't fast, but it isn't slow either: GTX 560ti 2GB, AMD 965, 8GB DDR2. Maybe if I turn all of the settings down I might be able to get away with a stable 20 frame rates, but that is too low for such a game...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-12-2012, 10:08 PM
luciferintears luciferintears is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 1,121
Default

welcome.

you should have waited another 2-3 months though in my opinion. By then the steam summer sale would have begun and hopefully Classic Mode would be operational.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-13-2012, 05:21 AM
Borkac's Avatar
Borkac Borkac is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Macedonia
Posts: 309
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tzako View Post
Of course the DLC's will be free.
i dont think so
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-13-2012, 05:25 AM
RAF_Pstyle RAF_Pstyle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogger23m View Post
Cliffs of Dover turns into a slide show when a few bullets hit water or when I fly over a city. My PC isn't fast, but it isn't slow either: GTX 560ti 2GB, AMD 965, 8GB DDR2. Maybe if I turn all of the settings down I might be able to get away with a stable 20 frame rates, but that is too low for such a game...
CLoD is amazing. You should be able to run it better on your system. Try reducing setting to medium (stil great visuals) and, most importantly remove/ rename the intro video (splash screen) - see how to do this at the bottom of the thread here:

http://forums.techarena.in/video-games/1402775.htm
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Cannabysmal Cannabysmal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 307
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flogger23m View Post
RO2 isn't very fun, and it doesn't work very well.

Cliffs of Dover turns into a slide show when a few bullets hit water or when I fly over a city. My PC isn't fast, but it isn't slow either: GTX 560ti 2GB, AMD 965, 8GB DDR2. Maybe if I turn all of the settings down I might be able to get away with a stable 20 frame rates, but that is too low for such a game...
Fun is subjective, and maxed out ro2 runs at 50-60 fps for me and hasnt crashed in months. CLOD is also maxed out running at 40-60 gps depending on location/action.

GTX 560 TI twin frozr, i52500k @ 4.8, 8 gigs of ram.


Don't spew your personal problems around making it seem like its the product, RO2 isn't what we expected and CLOD was a mess at launch but both are greatly improved/improving.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-14-2012, 03:37 PM
Sheps's Avatar
Sheps Sheps is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 270
Default

Ahh, that's a shame. You would have been better served getting the game at launch when people were actually playing it.

It's a bit of a ghost town right now (and will likely be for the foreseeable future). Depending on where you are you might have trouble finding populated servers. Being in Croatia there is about one server that is almost continually at near capacity (64 players) without being full of bots.

Also, given the price you paid and the lack of active community there is right now, I'd say you were ripped off.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-15-2012, 01:53 PM
Flogger23m Flogger23m is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,419
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannabysmal View Post
Fun is subjective, and maxed out ro2 runs at 50-60 fps for me and hasnt crashed in months. CLOD is also maxed out running at 40-60 gps depending on location/action.

GTX 560 TI twin frozr, i52500k @ 4.8, 8 gigs of ram.


Don't spew your personal problems around making it seem like its the product, RO2 isn't what we expected and CLOD was a mess at launch but both are greatly improved/improving.
Personal problems my - what a terrible answer. Maybe when TWI fixes the server browser in RO2 I will change my tone. They had it fixed for a few weeks then a patch screwed it up again. Even if I wanted to play the game, I have to wait until a friend on Steam is playing it, right click join server. Or I can manually type in a server address every time I want to play, though I will have no idea what map, players, ping, settings it has. I've changed video card drivers, video cards, and routers and this issue still exists.

As for CloD, yes I can turn the settings down to the lowest, but the fact that you can go from 50 to 7-8 frame rates from 5-7 machinegun/cannon rounds hitting water is poor optimization.

Last edited by Flogger23m; 04-15-2012 at 01:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2014, Tripwire Interactive, LLC