• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Would Free For All (FFA) or Death-Match (DM) be good in RO2?

Would Free For All (FFA) or Death-Match (DM) be good in RO2?

• Yes

Votes: 24 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 84 77.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it would appear the COD community don't care enough about DM in RO2 or RO2. Not sure which, but regardless, no loss for us I guess, I just know many that play FFA bolts/sniper only, and open. Too bad, congrats guys. ;)

It isn't that the CoD Community doesn't care about there being a Deathmatch mode in HoS, it's that they (the overwhelming majority of them) don't care about HoS, don't know about HoS, or wouldn't care even if they knew about it.

Anyways, how about adding the M1 Garand into HoS? I mean, it won't effect gameplay much at all, theres already semi-automatic rifles of similar caliber implemented in the game. It would really attract the M1 Garand-Lovers demographic, who might be reluctant to buy the game because of it's lack of their favorite firearm. It wouldn't be hard to implement either, I'm sure Rising Storm already has an M1 Garand you could add to HoS...

Now why would you not add an M1 Garand to a game based in the Eastern Front? Because it's out of place. Why would you not add a mode to a semi-realistic game that would have everyone kill each other? Because it's out of place.

Upvote 0
I am suprised you dont realise the intentions of the troll. He is arguing for the sake of arguing. No matter if you start polls or put arguements forward, he will only be more and more successful. Responding to him is making him happy- a big mistake. The best thing is to completely ignore and that will settle the matter in entirety.

EDIT: Mods should lock this and any other pointless threads.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The silent majority who would want this, don't register on the forums because of all the ragers nested here. This entire poll was basically like congress voting to give themselves a raise. Grats. Make sure you guys call everyone a troll who disagrees with you, because that's clearly what troll means....

Last edited:
Reactions: wahoo4
Upvote 0
Yeah please, just let the poll quietly finish. No need to makes things personal. It's a game, let it go everyone. I'm starting to think TWI thinks this is all entertaining. I've posted on nearly 22 websites with youtube links trying to get the word out about RO2 and now ask myself why. I'm tired, I just want to play quietly to myself, thank you. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Greetings,

I love that current players are so loyal to the game. As an avid fps player and small business owner I do see benefits for both Tripwire and current players in Tripwire creating a game mode that allows new players to get a feel for the game by playing deathmatch. I think the community will grow even larger with an entry level game type. More players benefits everyone. The folks who enjoy playing the game now won't have any distraction with an additional game mode - as they won't play it anyway. It will bring more people to the game - and that's good for everyone.

Thanks,

RangerDC

I like the way this guy thinks. You others should follow suit. He is right.

Upvote 0
I am suprised you dont realise the intentions of the troll. He is arguing for the sake of arguing. No matter if you start polls or put arguements forward, he will only be more and more successful. Responding to him is making him happy- a big mistake. The best thing is to completely ignore and that will settle the matter in entirety.

EDIT: Mods should lock this and any other pointless threads.

Yeah that's what you would like, lock every thread that don't agree with you. My other thread got locked for no reason. Many started and got what they wanted. What's needs to be locked it the "Suggestions" thread.

Upvote 0
Yeah that's what you would like, lock every thread that don't agree with you. My other thread got locked for no reason. Many started and got what they wanted. What's needs to be locked it the "Suggestions" thread.

It is good that the thread got locked before it went too personal. It was mostly just no no no yes no yes cod lol :troll:

IF TWI doesn't want to make FFA, they wont. When the game is out somebody from community can make FFA if he/she really want it that much. (Which i doubt)

Upvote 0
There are a few problems with adding new game modes. First off, you don't want to add too many as you will fracture your community. A prime example of this was UT2k3. There were just too many modes of play, and while each one was relativly fun, most people stuck with only one or two.

Now the second problem (and a little insight to TWI development here) is that the game mode needs to be fun. Like with our scrapped additional game mode for KF, we almost scrapped a game mode from RO 2 already due to it not being fun. However do to some iteration on it, that changed so the game mode has been saved!!! (for now....). But that isn't to say we haven't prototyped others and determined them not usable long before we announced our current set of game types.

We here at Tripwire don't feel that a FFA mode would fit with the RO style of play and be fun. Doesn't mean it can't be, but the way we would approach it we just don't see it. Best way to prove us wrong if you think we are is to make a mod once the game is released and get a ton of people playing it. Our "gateway" for new players will be the TDM mode we call Fire Fight which both fits the RO play style and is fun.

Upvote 0
I like the way this guy thinks. You others should follow suit. He is right.

Pretty arrogant first post...but maybe you just live by your nick and the beer is doing the talking...:p

And welcome to the forum. ;)

But their were still alot of illiterate villagers in the Soviet Army, who didn't even know what the war was about!

There sure was also those "illiterate peasants", but implying that the Red Army consisted only from illiterate peasants is hardly the truth. If you want to generalise it somewhow (which is not too wise), the Red Army consisted mostly from literate peasants. And no, I

Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0
For those of you that missed it
There are a few problems with adding new game modes. First off, you don't want to add too many as you will fracture your community. A prime example of this was UT2k3. There were just too many modes of play, and while each one was relativly fun, most people stuck with only one or two.

Now the second problem (and a little insight to TWI development here) is that the game mode needs to be fun. Like with our scrapped additional game mode for KF, we almost scrapped a game mode from RO 2 already due to it not being fun. However do to some iteration on it, that changed so the game mode has been saved!!! (for now....). But that isn't to say we haven't prototyped others and determined them not usable long before we announced our current set of game types.

We here at Tripwire don't feel that a FFA mode would fit with the RO style of play and be fun. Doesn't mean it can't be, but the way we would approach it we just don't see it. Best way to prove us wrong if you think we are is to make a mod once the game is released and get a ton of people playing it.
There you have it. And as Yoshiro so eloquently states, TW has and is looking at multiple gametypes and variations thereof. Don't lose hope for yours and don't lose faith in TW's ability to bring something new, challenging, and fun to the table.

<soapbox>

Sadly, these forums are rapidly becoming no better that the BF and/or CoD forums with their adolescent rants, post/poster bashing and fanboyism. Though opinionated, these forums used to be an excellent example of how a forums could have an intelligent debate/conversation among a diverse demographic.

It used to be enjoyable to come here and read the opposijng views and ponder the diverse points made. As always, it would seem that a few 'bad apples spoil the whole bunch.' And because of that, rather than responding cordially and to the topic at hand, it often seems as if we're largely relegated to using BIG type and trash talking to belittle a poster or his comments. Its sad to see how far these forums have degenerated. :( I know I've made my share of 'improper' posts, lately. One can only hope that with the influx of new 'talent' that things won't get worse.

One of my favorite movie quotes is by Morgan Freeman. "Decency is what your Grandmother taught you. Go home and be decent people."

</soapbox>

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.