• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Hunting Rifle

Looks promising, as usual =)

Thanks Oliver

Do want now!

Heh thanks YoYo

OMG, its soo simple crisp and desireable!! I was playing BF:BC2 b4 i checked in and they have all sorts of complicated scopes and snipers... But the simple crosshair and bolt action of this gun is sooo much better than anything in that game :) :) :)

They say less is more :) thanks for the great comment. I have also taken on board your suggestions regarding the power, so it should be well balanced.

Thank you all for the great comments so far, will try not to keep you all waiting too long but for now a little vid.....sounds still not done, trying to find some decent sounds from RO as I want to try an keep everything within TWI's domain.

Upvote 0
I vote this as the tier 3 weap for sharpie (replacing the EBR - give it to the commando for all i care- a sharpie doesnt need lasers and horrid iron sights with a 20 + rnd clip. gimme a scope instead) and then the M99 coming out gets to be the tier 4. cause its beast. but i think i prefer the simplicity of this gun. EPIC SIMPLICITY IS THE BEST KIND OF EPICNESS!!! I can't thank you enough for making this.

Upvote 0
I like alot so I decided to rig an AW-50 to join in Bolt Action fun lawl :D, sorry about the pink boxes btw, they just look nice :)
aw50p.jpg
aw501.jpg

aw50.jpg
aw50.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lols. the hunting rifle anims look good - i like how he uses the palm to slide the bolt, alot of cheesy animators actually grip the bolt and make me feel like none of them have ever shot a gun. but this feels smooth and the reload feels fast enough to keep me alive while slow enough to balance the gun - but i see myself wasting a ton of ammo anyway lol. the sound is a little off, but i don't care too much. i wanna beta out noaw!!!

Upvote 0
lols. the hunting rifle anims look good - i like how he uses the palm to slide the bolt, alot of cheesy animators actually grip the bolt and make me feel like none of them have ever shot a gun. but this feels smooth and the reload feels fast enough to keep me alive while slow enough to balance the gun - but i see myself wasting a ton of ammo anyway lol. the sound is a little off, but i don't care too much. i wanna beta out noaw!!!
a beta would be nice

Upvote 0
Yeah the animation looks good indeed but could use a bit more movement of the rifle. Not much but just a bit so that the bolt movement doesn't look "soft" and frictionless. But that's just a minor issue and if you animated it joint by joint then you really don't have to make these changes, as I know how much work it is. If you used IK Handles though, it's easy to change.
It's always nice to see more weapons in KF :)!
Oh and your really made a great textur fo it.

Upvote 0
I vote this as the tier 3 weap for sharpie (replacing the EBR - give it to the commando for all i care- a sharpie doesnt need lasers and horrid iron sights with a 20 + rnd clip. gimme a scope instead) and then the M99 coming out gets to be the tier 4. cause its beast. but i think i prefer the simplicity of this gun. EPIC SIMPLICITY IS THE BEST KIND OF EPICNESS!!! I can't thank you enough for making this.

Thanks and you are very welcome! :)

Yeah the animation looks good indeed but could use a bit more movement of the rifle. Not much but just a bit so that the bolt movement doesn't look "soft" and frictionless. But that's just a minor issue and if you animated it joint by joint then you really don't have to make these changes, as I know how much work it is. If you used IK Handles though, it's easy to change.
It's always nice to see more weapons in KF :)!
Oh and your really made a great textur fo it.

Thanks Jack, that means a lot after seeing the awesome job you have done with yours!
I 100% agree that it needs more movement on bolting and reload, so thanks for the heads up. These were actually just place-holder anims so I could try it out in game and I have used the IK system, so shouldn't be too hard to add some extra movements.
I may re-do the reloading anim as I am not too happy with it.

Also on the textures,I have pretty much cheated on the whole model because the scope is from the Kar98 from RO and the stock is an extended version of the M14EBR lol hell why re-invent the wheel when I already had everything I needed available ;)

Again thank you all for the support so far. I will try not to keep you all waiting on the beta. Just the 3rd person mesh and sounds to do.

Upvote 0
I've been thinking on how effective the gun would be.. Pretty much an upgraded, slower lever action, that level 6 sharpshooters could spawn with. 5 would still get the LAR, or maybe just a Handcannon. $600 or an endgame weapon for spawning as Sharpshooter is a bit much for me :<

Betabetabetabeta.

Upvote 0
This rifle would be a the perfect alternative to the Lar, as it has a Scope, more damage and an affordable price!
If everything works fine and the Hunting Rifle and the M99 get whitelisted, the sniper will have a very big arsenal:

9mm .....
Handcannons: always useful
LAR: cheap and effective, High rate of fire and fair damage
Hunting Rifle: Accurate, good fire rate, good damage, affordable.
XBox: Accurate, moderate fire rate, high damage, expensive (ammo and Weapon)
M99: Accurate, slow fire Rate, very high damage, very expensive, low ammo, 13 Blocks of wieght, slow moovement.

In my opinion this would be quite a balanced weaponry for the SS. And in no point overpowerd. The Hunting Rifle just can't hurt, as it's inbetween the Xbow and Lar.
The M99 might be a problem for some people but if you think about only carying a machete, 9mm and M99.... It also costs a lot of money. The rifle itsself and the ammo. 25 bullets will cost about 500 pounds, which is quite a lot of money and you'll feel how your wallet gets empty just because of shooting. :D
Just like the Law...... Hate it or Love it!!

Thanks Jack, that means a lot after seeing the awesome job you have done with yours!
I 100% agree that it needs more movement on bolting and reload, so thanks for the heads up. These were actually just place-holder anims so I could try it out in game and I have used the IK system, so shouldn't be too hard to add some extra movements.
I may re-do the reloading anim as I am not too happy with it.

Heh thank you! Im just glad that there is another community weapon beeing made, which will most likely be ready for use soon. The only reason why me and Ivan started making weapons for games, was that we were desperately looking for community weapon mods and stuff but never found what we were looking for.
So Ivan actually knew how to model but the main problem was, that we didn't have anyone to animate. So I decided to give it a try and acutally I felt quite comfty with it. That's about 3 years ago. The fellas in the Runestorm Forums also helped us a lot with scripting and such stuff......
What I want to say is that I always enjoy if someone adds some content to the game. Im just glad about every mod or so beeing made! :)

Last edited:
Reactions: braindead
Upvote 0