Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Killing Floor Forums > Technical Support > The Bug Report

Old 04-06-2012, 09:04 PM

Default Server crash if Steam is running

I've found that if the Steam client is running, either offline or online, that the Killing floor server will crash on level change. It gives a UCC.exe - Entry Point Not Found error, I've attached a screenshot of the error. Doesn't matter if I start Steam then the Killing Floor Servers, or if I start the Killing Floor Servers then Steam. Also Offline and Online mode for the Steam Client doesn't effect it either. Now if I don't start Steam my servers will operate and change levels with no problem. Server is running Windows 7 Professional 64-Bit. Please let me know if anymore information is needed.
Attached Images
File Type: png KF-Server-Crash.png (8.7 KB, 14 views)
Old 04-10-2012, 09:42 PM

This happens when the dedicated server is started before steam (at least to me). Make sure steam is up and running before starting the server.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sumo View Post
This happens when the dedicated server is started before steam (at least to me). Make sure steam is up and running before starting the server.
As I stated in my original post it doesn't matter if I start Steam before or after starting the killing floor servers, they'll crash on level change.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:48 PM

Just an update, still getting this issue even on a completely different box running Windows Server 2008 Standard. As long as Steam is open the KF servers will crash on level change.