• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Patty buff

outofrealman

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 29, 2009
In fact for now patty is pretty easy if everyone go aa12 or chainsaw. So I think some buff to him is required.

Firstly, HP BUFF!!! Why patty have basic hp of 4000 on solo normal (health change base on normal according to difficullty) and only get 3000 more for each other palyer?

On solo you need to due with 4000 hp patty, and for two player each of you only need to due 3500 dmg, and 3 players you only need to due 3333, etc. So, each player should get 4000 base hp to patty.

It is REALLY STUPID for patty to stop and attack someone after he is stuned. This makes straight rush him too easy. He should stop for NOTHING. When surrouned, he melee once (AoE now) and run away. When locked inside a room, he should melee the door instead of rocketing. Also, he should be able to instan-destorying doors.

Lastly, pipe bombs, when he have line of sight of pipebombs, he should rocket them. So you need to ambush him by pipebombs. You no longer can put a line of pipes at a long hallway and wait till he step on every single one of them. You must place several around corners only. Any more than that is wasted. He either destory it with rocket of take damage from only 1-2 due to the pipe bobm resistance.

I guess that's pretty much it?:confused:

I'd rather see him redesigned so that he can reliably be beaten by skill instead of having to do something cheap like surrounding him with chainsaws or using a field of pipe bombs.

However, I support him targeting pipe bombs since it gives us a little bit of strategy - we can make distract him with them allowing some damage to be dealt.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'd rather see him redesigned so that he can reliably be beaten by skill instead of having to do something cheap like surrounding him with chainsaws or using a field of pipe bombs.

However, I support him targeting pipe bombs since it gives us a little bit of strategy - we can make distract him with them allowing some damage to be dealt.

Redesign seems too much to ask I would say...

Upvote 0
Also, he should be able to instan-destorying doors.
LOL! No wonder he's like "Patty is so Weak!" since he probably played on Beginner or Normal :troll:
I mean, Patty as far as I remember blast doors into pieces at Hard+ difficulties. I knew something was wrong when I read u can kill him with chainsaws really easilly :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
LOL! No wonder he's like "Patty is so Weak!" since he probably played on Beginner or Normal :troll:
I mean, Patty as far as I remember blast doors into pieces at Hard+ difficulties. I knew something was wrong when I read u can kill him with chainsaws really easilly :rolleyes:

AA12 and chainsaw rapes him EVERYTIME on ANY difficulty. And even you get one firebug, one commando, one sharpshooter in the team, lock him inside a room STILL RAPE HIM EASILY.

And as far as I know he needs AGES to arm his rocket. And if a door is @ 100%, he cannot blow up the door using only 1 rocket even on HoE, at least not everytime.

Feel free to check my profile noob.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spicy and slavek
Upvote 0
It is silly how fast you can drop a 6 man HoE patriarch with chainsaws. If you think about the numbers though, I am surprised they didn't add some chainsaw resistance, similar to his pipe bomb damage reduction.

Alt Fire chainsaw has a base damage of 270 and 6 man HoE patriarch has 33250 hp. Assuming you have 6 level 6 berserkers and they perfectly surround him, the 3 zerkers behind the patriarch will do 1080 damage each due to the back stab bonus while the 3 in front will each do 540 damage.
1080*3 + 540*3 = 4860
That's a combined damage of 4860 per hit from the 6 zerkers. And there is no need to reload.
33250 hp / 4860 dmg per swing = 6.84 swings -> 7 swings
Each zerker on avg, must land 7 alt fire hits. The base firerate of chainsaw alt fire is 1.1 sec/swing and factoring in the swing speed bonus from a level 6 zerker:
1.1/1.25 = 0.88 sec/swing

• The perk description says 25% faster swing speed but code actually divides by 1.25 (x0.8) instead of multiplying by 0.75
0.88 sec / swing * 7 swings = 6.16 sec
A whole 6.16 seconds for 6 level 6 berserkers to chainsaw gang bang the patriarch if everything goes perfectly. The patriarch simply can't do anything to even defend himself in that small amount of time. It also seems like part of the problem maybe that he is targeting different people rather than slapping the same person. That ends up with 3 people getting hit once as opposed to 1 person getting hit 3 times and thus dead.

People did test this out during the beta and I know his AOE punch does work but in the end, it just seems like even that is not enough given the enormous, constant, damage output of 6 chainsaws.

8:10 to 8:18 mark is the chainsaw party.

YouTube - Killing Floor - Katana Axe M79 on H.o.E

Upvote 0
AA12 and chainsaw rapes him EVERYTIME on ANY difficulty. And even you get one firebug, one commando, one sharpshooter in the team, lock him inside a room STILL RAPE HIM EASILY.

Well how do you want to beat him? No player can outrun him, dodge his attacks, or generally use any strategy other than trying to have as much DPS as possible to drop him. After using skill to get through the game it's annoying to just be destroyed by one of his cheap attacks.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Well how do you want to beat him? No player can outrun him, dodge his attacks, or generally use any strategy other than trying to have as much DPS as possible to drop him. After using skill to get through the game it's annoying to just be destroyed by one of his cheap attacks.

It is just stupid to assum a win when you get pass wave 10. May be unless you are palying public server where many people try to solo patty and get killed one at a time.

If everyone thinks scrakes and fleshpounds requireds that much effort to kill, why patty should be a peice of cake which dies in 10 seconds? Why not remove wave 11 then? Even wave 1 on 6-man game takes 5+ minutes, and the boss fight last 2 minutes?

... and after 2 minutes of waiting, patty finally shoes up. He dies in 10 seconds, all we can hear is the sound of chainsaws. The end.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It is just stupid to assum a win when you get pass wave 10. May be unless you are palying public server where many people try to solo patty and get killed one at a time.

If everyone thinks scrakes and fleshpounds requireds that much effort to kill, why patty should be a peice of cake which dies in 10 seconds? Why not remove wave 11 then? Even wave 1 on 6-man game takes 5+ minutes, and the boss fight last 2 minutes?

... and after 2 minutes of waiting, patty finally shoes up. He dies in 10 seconds, all we can hear is the sound of chainsaws. The end.

I understand what you're saying, but the scrakes and fleshpounds have the same strategy anyway; do high DPS or take damage. I'd expect the boss to require more strategy than that, which is why I'm not so bothered that it's easy to kill him with cheap methods, since he can kill you cheaply too. To be honest I'd rather just play games where there's no patriarch, but another wave instead. At least then if I complete the map it'll be down to my skill, not purely down to my DPS or cheap tactics.

Upvote 0
expect the boss to require more strategy than that, which is why I'm not so bothered that it's easy to kill him with cheap methods, since he can kill you cheaply too..
What about mario-style? He takes no dmg until exposing some body part, u hit it, it closes, he runs away. repeat it 2 more times. 3 hits = death. He hits u = u die :troll:
OFC it's just ironic... or... actually, guys, remember good old times of original Super Mario Bross where it was so simple, 2D 8-bit graphics, yet ppl played it all days to pass it since it was kinda hard? Simple, really hard compared to games we can play now, yet very fun :rolleyes:

So, reasuming - I think Patty needs little gameplay change, but buff won't change much enough. What about making him with some armor which makes him take only 20% dmg, and only head makin rly a body part which takes any dmg? Well, I already say no to my own retorical question, but I hope you guys see my point ;)

Upvote 0
I wouldn't mess with his hitpoints as he is tough enough for ppl using other techniques
( you don't want to insure aa12 or chain is the only way to choose, some ppl get bored of the chainsaw route and i think your seeing a lot at the moment because people really want the acheivments. The same applies to welding yourself in 1 room, when i'm sure many ppl will start to play with more daring once they have won the map)

He should be able to break out from being mobbed by berzerkers easier thou so he can re-heal - then he might return while your dealing with clots or at the very least you have to do it 3 times.

Upvote 0
I understand what you're saying, but the scrakes and fleshpounds have the same strategy anyway; do high DPS or take damage.

...i disagree.

My clan can safely deal with scrakes and fleshpounds, with zerkers.

Axe and kiting.

And for a "buff"... why not have some sirens, husks, scrakes or fleshpounds spawn?

Surely clots, crawlers and gorefasts aren't all the patty has left by wave 11.

Upvote 0