• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

unique new weapon idea

TCxROCK_Man

Jan 12, 2011
ok, ive been looking on the forum, and i was going to be one of those idiots that was gunna say "LOL PUT A GLOCK 18 INTO KF!" then i thought, no, lets take the time and actually post a weapon no one has even considered yet and here is that weapon:

the H&K Heckler-Koch XM-29 SABR http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/assault/as40/oicw.jpg

i think this may be a very interesting add to the demolitions perk because there are times when, say, a Fleshpound or Scrake get close to you, you wish you can blow them away with your M32 or M79, or hell, the LAW but theyre too close and blasting them will only kill yourself. well, since the XM-29 has a 5.56 assault rifle below and a 20MM grenade launcher on top, this could definetly help the perk for sticky situations such as what i just explained, the only problem is, will it balance out with demolitions and how much would the cost be. ive been playing KF a lot lately and ive been running into the problem countless times. so i was wondering if this would be a helpful suggestion.

Eww. The OICW project was a terrible failure IMO, and the XM-29, being a prototype for an American project, has absolutely no place in KF. Also the entire selling point of the weapon was its ability to use airbursting 20mm rounds to nail enemies behind cover, and somehow I doubt that's going to be useful in KF. And without the whole land warrior loadout, this weapon is just a poor excuse for a rifle/grenade launcher.

Upvote 0
a Fleshpound or Scrake get close to you, you wish you can blow them away with your M32 or M79, or hell, the LAW but theyre too close and blasting them will only kill yourself.

That's the point. Explosives are already insanely powerful. Adding a way for Demo to be effective at any range would just be ridiculously overpowered.

Upvote 0
one of them was a positive comment :D anyways, i guess ill go back to the drawing board and look for an ACTUAL useful weapon, sorry for any inconveniences...

no problem. I've read worse threads, and had worse ideas. Yours just wasn't quite right in the balance of things. So no inconveniences here.:D

Upvote 0
The gun is ugly, but over all I don't think it would be a bad idea if it was implemented in the following manner.

1. Weak primary fire like the medic gun.
2. Weak grenades, around half the strength of the other launcher.
3. Heavy enough so you can't carry the m32 at the same time.
4. Grenades shouldn't have a clip.

Then I think you would make the demo perk a bit more versatile without giving a gun that can deal with anything.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
L85A2 with the foregrip-mounted GL.

3795260415_20362db27e.jpg

It does the same job, fires the same rounds as the guns ingame, and is British. :D

Does this fit the bill?

Reactions: Angry Hillbilly
Upvote 0
L85A2 with the foregrip-mounted GL.

3795260415_20362db27e.jpg

It does the same job, fires the same rounds as the guns ingame, and is British. :D

Does this fit the bill?

Ooh, I love this. It could be like KF 1.0's bullpup what with the SUSAT and perhaps it could fire in 3-shot bursts? The grenade launcher would also be great. A weapon that can be shared by the demo and the mando. (And possibly sharpie)

Alternatively, this:

38808694064_large.jpg

It's an older M16 variant that I don't think has been used for a while plus it has a 20-round mag (mostly loaded with 18 rounds in vietnam to prevent jamming problems. 18 is a good number for a 3-shot burst weapon). It will be a fantastic candidate for a burst-fire assault rifle and a grenade-launching weapon. Its base damage could be a little less than the AK-47 and the grenade launcher could be about the same as a regular frag grenade (demoman's buffs apply). Another advantage to it is that it does something about the lust for an M16/M4/AR variant that you get from the CS/COD crowd who also play KF.

On the topic of actual grenade-launching, when you press the Alt-fire key perhaps it could deduct from the user's grenade count. (A bit unrealistic but it's a good workaround from the "multiple ammo types" problem that was brought up before.)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
PLEASE no M16 ! :(

While I'm not an M16 fan myself (I previously hated the idea of an M16 in KF over any other weapons of british origin) but I still beleive that an M16 in some form being introduced to KF sometime would be a good idea, it'd have to behave very differently to the current assault rifles, however, otherwise it would just be crap and pointless.

On the new bullpup vs M16, I have no say. I'm torn between the two descisions myself, so I have no further say on the topic aside from what I think should be done to make the new weapon good.

If it gets added, It'll go a long way in making the commando a little more versatile in its job without being overpowered. (essentially he still has normal grenades, they just behave differently)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Even just a bare L85 would be a welcome sight in KF.

Anyway, while it'd be a unique choice, the XM29 makes even less sense than something like the G11 in KF. However, I wouldn't be opposed to the XM25 ([URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XM25[/URL]) for the demo. The airbursting rounds would probably not be very useful, but still a good sized magazine (probably 10 round capacity, can't find any official number) of 25mm HE rounds sounds like it could be handy.

4081_27050551304.jpg

Also, to respond to all the coments about the XM29 being ugly, there's actually a lot sexier looking design now:
kalibar_2xm29.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0