• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What in HOS are you most worried about?

Im worried about ROHOS finding its place on the realism and scope scale. With CS/COD being on the small end and ARMA being on the grandiose end. I wont mind seeing some small infantry maps but frankly I think RO's 'zone' is a berezinia sized map. It's almost simlike but just smaller and a very nice size for a good battle that happens much quicker then an arma engagement. ROHOS needs good combined arms accessibility, being able to ride on tanks between objectives, having half tracks that dont magically brew whenever hit with AP ( an AP round will go right through the side and keep going ).

Ideally I see ROHOS as having two niches and a main interest, the two niches being tank only combat on large maps and danzig like close combat, with the main interest being combined arms Rakowice - Berezinia sized.

This would depend on a lot of particular variables that were not present in ROOST, as well as a good push to get most players to try out that map type. (although many of those variables have changed, the zoom to real size means we can now engage at longer ranges, the adjustable weapon sights means we can now 'pixel hunt' at ranges even longer ).

It worries me because there are SO MANY cqb infantry shooters *Cough* COD *Cough* if people think of ROHOS as a infy shooter they will just go on and buy the next one afterwards and ROHOS will be judged against all those other shooters. If HOS is considered as a different experience from the start it will mean more customers looking for a change, and probably more people who will be sticking around till RO3.

Appart from that spawning on the squad leader makes me nervous, very nervous...

Upvote 0
I think ROHOS is in a very interesting position in that it will loose very few RO player's and stands only to gain new player's.
A good deal of how new player's re-act too the game depends on us.......

The first time a new player pulls a nade.....and looks dazed and confused as it land's at his feet....ripping 3 or 4 teams with him.....patience is called

The first time there tearing off across the map .....only too find there out of breath....under fire....and cant hit anything if they do manage a shot (nades going off like popcorn)....followed by all sorts of teamchat....patience :D

These guys dont have the 5 or more years of respect built up by you guys' for this game , and the truely immursive team game play that is possible with this game......have patience guys......when is it out march or something......too long :eek: :D

Upvote 0
Not much after seeing more interviews and game play. I do wonder how the sniper scope crosshair adjustment will work. You almost need lines off to the side. Does it reset to default everytime you raise the scope? I would like to know how that works. From what I've seen, there's no reference point adjustments on the scope or the open sights. On the scope, I hope there's some kind of measuring lines off to the side so I can quickly reference the the proper settings based on my expirence relating to the distance of my target. IF that makes any sense. :confused: lol Maybe they use sound clicks. Regadless can't wait!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Amen to this post, please be patient. Honestly when your first learning, you could care less about doing the objective stuff, hell, I was just tring to get the feel for things. lol I heard yelling nonstop on one server. Guys ripping into people, calling them stupid and etc. That will kill traffic on whatever server your playing.

I think ROHOS is in a very interesting position in that it will loose very few RO player's and stands only to gain new player's.
A good deal of how new player's re-act too the game depends on us.......

The first time a new player pulls a nade.....and looks dazed and confused as it land's at his feet....ripping 3 or 4 teams with him.....patience is called

The first time there tearing off across the map .....only too find there out of breath....under fire....and cant hit anything if they do manage a shot (nades going off like popcorn)....followed by all sorts of teamchat....patience :D

These guys dont have the 5 or more years of respect built up by you guys' for this game , and the truely immursive team game play that is possible with this game......have patience guys......when is it out march or something......too long :eek: :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkwraith
Upvote 0
Thing is that I found that 90% of RO's infantry only maps were a Danzig like clusterf*ck (Kessel, Krasny, Lyes Krovy etc.), and that there were way too few medium sized infantry only maps, or at last maps that offered some longer ranged fighting.
Now TWI comes in and say that they are going to make more CQC maps. :rolleyes:

the mod had loads of small maps but they allowed long range combat due to open streets etc. So personally I wont mind smaller maps in the sense of krasnyi etc, as long as there is space for rifleman in the regular streets without needing to go to a higher located outlook post.

Upvote 0
i think a lot of players will stick too what they've learnt through RO , leave the sight alone.....1st shot might miss, 2nd probably wont.

arranging your sights continually i could imagine as a pain the Ar...

1st target xxx metre's
2nd xx metre
3rd xxx metre

etc , etc

Depends of maps. For huge maps sight adjustment is really needed. Best example is ArmA 2 where that feature is there too. It works like a charm on distances 200m+. So, on Danzig marksman can stay with default sight settings or use iron sight. Bigger maps and long range firing (I hope HoS will have huge maps) will be great place for snipers.

Upvote 0
Nothing really, well actually two things and one would be the clean look. After watching some videos, the soldiers and the overall weapon look seems so clean in HoS Vs with DH,RO which has a more gritty dirty feeling in my opinion.

That and the distances, I hope that engagements can still occur quite often on long range which gives a good battle immersion. Now that the avatar movement and spawns has improved i hope it doesn't lead to a cod style of gameplay, being and old cod player myself I would hate to see RO go down the route of constant rushing.

Darkest Hour nailed the long range engagements perfectly in my opinion, even if RO never had a good feeling for really close combat due to the avatars behavior etc, i hope that HoS improves on it with care , and i am sure it will.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
At the end of the day, this is a immersion-breaker for me, but not a deal-breaker. How many are going to be available is an important factor.
This is a reference to Grobut's post here.
"Accessibility isn't really defined, and is too vague of a term to in- or exclude anything.

and to shut some people up wrt bagging lemon, there's a difference between immersion and deal breaking -

when I play oblivion or either of the new fallouts and do a wiggle-waggle-wobble-jump in the air, I point at the screen and say THAT"S DODGYYYYY, which is an immersion breaker; it doesn't ruin the game, but it does make me realise I'm playing one :p. Likewise, the mk b. 42 is an immersion breaker for lemon because it makes hoes feel like a game ahead of time, but it's not ruining the game like most of the stuff in cod, until he stumbles into:

:IS2::IS2:knighted's 24/7 balanced ffa server Mk b. 42s FOR EVERYONE! / hos_apartments / 63/64 :IS2::IS2:
:troll:

Upvote 0