• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Final Map KF-Troopers Defense

edit: and yus that big gun actually does fire on it's own too, when the zombies step on "motion detectors" the cannon moves over and fires at that area =D

lol nice guess, thats not how i do it :D

EDIT: It actually an Elevator and the zombies walk and trigger each EleUseTrigger. The Gun (elevator) Moves to its position (for the ele trigger) then there is a prox trigger that is activated by the gun mover. That goes to a script for the firing sequence

Instead of the prox trigger you could have the Gun trigger the Event on Opened position as well. So every time the ele is done moving into position itll set off the script, but i didnt like the timing on that, so i did it the other way

Last edited:
Upvote 0
lol nice guess, thats not how i do it :D

EDIT: It actually an Elevator and the zombies walk and trigger each EleUseTrigger. The Gun (elevator) Moves to its position (for the ele trigger) then there is a prox trigger that is activated by the gun mover. That goes to a script for the firing sequence

Instead of the prox trigger you could have the Gun trigger the Event on Opened position as well. So every time the ele is done moving into position itll set off the script, but i didnt like the timing on that, so i did it the other way

see how epic it is?

also btw fel.... i know i was simplifing it for the non-LD's =D

Upvote 0
Thats because Netsky uses a mut that allows 60 zeds in the map at a time, instead of the default 24 (I think its still 24)

I think the default is 32, at least if I can trust the server info box. SiE mentioned having a mutator for extra zeds-at-once, but I'm not sure I ever believed it was working... always seemed about the same to me.

--------------------------------------------------------

Anyways, zed-count aside, there's still lots of things that bother me:

• Having specimens constantly raining down from atop the left tower always seemed cheap. I'd either make it stalker/crawler only or remove it altogether. There's little point defending the walls when they pour in behind your lines.

• Lack of weldable doors. The one door that's there is completely ignored by the specimens. If you really want it to have a function, you'd change a lot of the pathways into the base, or just give some more weldable doors.

• Fighting specimens on the left tower stairs is more frustrating than it should be. Some railings could help manage some of the cheap corner cutting by the specimens.

• The cannon projectile travels really slow. Could it be sped up?? It ought to be moving faster than a LAW rocket, I'd think.

• The bunker under the cannon... crawlers have trouble jumping through the side window, makes killing them more annoying than it should be. Generally does not feel polished there.

• Last I knew, there were still some glitches with the map, like invisible corners along the exterior wall and some insta-kill glitch spots I never could pin-point, I'd just see messages of randomly dying teammates and a "wtf?!" in chat.

Reactions: Benjamin and Fel
Upvote 0
i shall attempt to disarm some of your suggestions

• Having specimens constantly raining down from atop the left tower always seemed cheap. I'd either make it stalker/crawler only or remove it altogether. There's little point defending the walls when they pour in behind your lines.
in most cases this would be true however in a defend the base type level haveing the enemy only come from one area I.E. the front door would be utterly boring from a player standpoint. the spawns behind the base add an extra layer of anti-boredom that forces players to move about and watch their and their allies backs as well as maintain the defence of the front door. this may be unrealistic but think back to the middle ages when a commander would siege a castle they would constantly send sabaturs/assassins into the castle in the cover of the night useing very small laders or ropes with grappling hooks to kill the defender's leader guy and/or open the gates for the main force to enter through.

• Lack of weldable doors. The one door that's there is completely ignored by the specimens. If you really want it to have a function, you'd change a lot of the pathways into the base, or just give some more weldable doors.
when welded that one door does it's job =D EDIT actually there are 4, the main door, 2 left side ones and 1 on the right

• The cannon projectile travels really slow. Could it be sped up?? It ought to be moving faster than a LAW rocket, I'd think.
unless useing a custom projectile or projectile shooter this would be impossible. besides even when you do get it( EDIT as in the custom projectile/shooter) chances are it won't whitelisted

Last edited:
Upvote 0