• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Civil presence?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, look at that one Call of Duty game where you shot all those people at the airport! They just removed that scene for those poor authorian countries.

In the ROHOST (?) they could be censored into families of clowns or something. All friendly looking, very adulty and no children.

:confused:OMG are you serious?:confused:
Whats the diffrence between shooting civilians and shoothin civilians that are clowns?

Upvote 0
:confused:OMG are you serious?:confused:
Whats the diffrence between shooting civilians and shoothin civilians that are clowns?

Cuz the clowns are funny looking!!

Geez, some people eh?
:p

No, but on a mor serious note; I really think this game should in some way civilians or not, maybe just lying dead, scattered in some house - executed by the Einzatsgruppen or w/e, but I want this game to show that Stalingrad was not some playground, it was a ****ing hellhole. No game has managed to show that to the kids, so please - let ROHOS show it! It is supposed to be a realistic game so make it a tiny bit educational about the hell of war..
:IS2:

Upvote 0
make it a tiny bit educational about the hell of war..

This.
This is why, if done properly (meaning, not allowing people to shoot the civvies, because i know several people who would. No more driving over grannies, damnit!) civilians could be a good thing to have.
This is also why i think a WW1 fps could have potential, the educational value it could have is just tremendous. Somebody just has to have the balls to make it, and make it right.

However, it has already been stated that RO:HOS will not be big on cinematics, so that right there should be the end of the civvie discussion if they cant be shot at by the player. Which should not be an option, because a lot of people just cant take it seriously.

Upvote 0
This is also why i think a WW1 fps could have potential, the educational value it could have is just tremendous. Somebody just has to have the balls to make it, and make it right.

For Ro2 there gonna be a addon called "Iron Europe" that will play in the time between 1916-1918! Be sure you check it out:
[url]http://www.ironeuropegame.com[/URL];)

Upvote 0
Only way this could work is if some bots as civilans fleeing past ur troops outa the city/vision at the start of the map and you are unable to fire or kill any of them.. like a intro

This. As actual bots, while you are in your fully-functional avatar (not like in a cutscene).

And have it so if aiming at one of them, you can't shoot. It's a lot better looking than being able to shoot at them but with nothing happening.

That said, I actually am for having killable civilians on the battlefield...of course I'd avoid killing them at all costs. But the fact that they are there helps plunge you into the grittiness and hellishness of war. I do realize that TWI are trying to make this game not quite so serious, though.

Upvote 0
Not gonna happen. The whole idea of civilians in RO is ridiculous. That's not what RO strives to portray, and civilians would only distract from the gameplay. Civilians can be portrayed realistically in singleplayer games and sandbox multiplayer games (such as ArmA 2), but not in a multiplayer game that is set in a partly (mostly?) evacuated and destroyed city. Search for pictures of combat in Stalingrad - I can guarantee you that in 90% of them civilians are nowhere to be seen. You might say, "Well, Stalin forced civilians to stay and ordered them to dig trenches". But that's out of RO's scope anyway. So why portray them? It's unrealistic. In SP, sure. But not in MP.

Not only that, but you just KNOW that if civilians are added, players will kill them for the lulz, even if that means a decrease in 'XP'. Prepare for YouTube videos from certain 'realism' clans doing just that. :D

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
If Rockstar Games produced a game about the battle of Stalingrad I would expect civilians.

Realistically, civilians were prevalent during the battle of Stalingrad. Civilians were prevalent in many battles during the Second World War. It is simply unnecessary to have civilians in a game that focuses primarily on military combat, even if realistically such combat afflicted civilians in the sense they fought or were innocent bystanders.

Rats, birds, cows, chickens, fishes, and all sorts of rodents were around Stalingrad as well. Should we have them modeled as well? (Not trying to be condescending). Point is, in my opinion, having civilians would not add any depth to the game.

Reactions: Unterscharfuhrer
Upvote 0
Do you know the problem about civilians on the battlefield? They are evil and stupid, all the time they will try to run as often as possible into your line of fire in order to make you lose points or the mission progress since the last checkpoint. I hated them in CoD, I hated them even yet in Black Hawk Down (Game).

Although there's some realism in it to have civilians there, as there was a certain order from a filthy basterd (no names here: Stalin) who ordered no retreat for no one as there was no land behind the Volga river.
Well, later on it was the same with the Nazis who denied evacuation of several cities (K

Last edited:
Upvote 0
As they won't be part of the original game, HoS won't be banned for dead civilians.

For the millionth (third) time, many many many many many many many many many games since the big bang have had killable civilians without being banned or even being considered unusual in any way. CoD makes one questionable mission, and suddenly everyone is up in arms. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Moyako and Nimsky
Upvote 0
For the millionth (third) time, many many many many many many many many many games since the big bang have had killable civilians without being banned or even being considered unusual in any way. CoD makes one questionable mission, and suddenly everyone is up in arms. :rolleyes:

Those are all singleplayer games, so those don't count.

Upvote 0

You're surely right on that but now the whole world is sensitive with this topic and will go bananas particularly when "evil" Germans can kill Russian civilians.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.