• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why do people prefer british weapons?

(Although the scene is set in England)

If the game was set in the US i recon it would be highly unlickely that non US weapons would ever be used or suggested - but if they were i think many people would object or be cold to the suggestion at best.

I don't want to be rude, but i guess i'm gonna have to be - i think anyone who doesn't recognise the setting as an opportunity to use weapons rarely if ever seen in game is an unimaginative dullard.

Upvote 0
SA80 is seriously criticised because it's too easy to be out of order.STEN has no safety.

And this is where people should learn to do a little research before they start whineing like MW2 fanboys about things. The L85A1 (SA80 version 1) was the first variant to be introduced and yes it was a very unreliable gun. But in 2000 the gun was taken to H&K who modifyed and improved the rifle to what it is today and is reguarded as one of the best assult rifles in the world.

And the STEN is a WW2 weapon that was designed and built in a time of very little resourses and a safety really didnt matter in the cercumstances.

And also we prefer British weapons because A: The game is set in Britan, B: Were absaloutly sick to death of American weapons (M14, M16, M249....etc the list goes on sooo many M's its unbelivable). And C: Because British weapons are awesome. :IS2::IS2::IS2:

Upvote 0
The SMLE, or the more recent version, the L42A1, is a great gun that has seen little action in vidyas.

The L42A1 was replaced by the Accuracy International Arctic Warfare, also known as the L96A1

The standard L42A1 fires 7.62 x 51mm NATO rounds, though match-grade for accuracy.

It's fed with 2 5 round stripper clips (yes, clips this time) and would make a unique addition to Killing Floor.

Spoiler!

Really, wouldn't you like this as an option in Killing Floor?

Upvote 0
Well to be honest in a country where (To my knowledge anyways.) private gun ownership is illegal, the only weapons your going to find in the world of killing floor is illegally smuggled weapons from other countries, meaning you won't find that many british weapons other then what may of been found off of the dead personel of the british military.

Upvote 0
Well to be honest in a country where (To my knowledge anyways.) private gun ownership is illegal, the only weapons your going to find in the world of killing floor is illegally smuggled weapons from other countries, meaning you won't find that many british weapons other then what may of been found off of the dead personel of the british military.

This is misleading. Yes, you would only really find British guns on dead soldiers or destroyed British military bases. But in the world of KF, there certainly aren't ANY shortage of either.

Upvote 0
Question at the topic.I see quite a lot of response "We prefer brit guns" on new weapon thread.
British guns are not so good in most cases.(Although the scene is set in England).SA80 is seriously criticised because it's too easy to be out of order.STEN has no safety.

US weapons is just good,there shouldn't be too much problem to buy a US rifle in UK.

The scene takes place in UK. You are in an apocalypse scene then good luck to ask "can you send me a M16 in an apocalypse place"...you never see other survivors except your team.

Upvote 0