• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Voice chat/mic problems

Kretschmer

May 13, 2006
I'm having problems getting my mic to work with RO. There is nothing wrong with my mic since I use it with other games and talking on ventrilo and teamspeak just fine. Can someone plz offer me some help so I can actually speak to others in the game instead of typing? Thanks a lot. :)

First: Until you get it working, don't startup Teamspeak/Ventrilo. Get the problem sorted first.

What key do you have bound for voice chat? Look on your configuration screen. The default that came with my game was the Scroll Lock key.

I have a 4 button mouse, so I remapped one of my mouse buttons to a letter key unused by RO, then on the configuration screen I selected that letter to activate the mic. Works like a charm.

Floyd

Upvote 0
Sometimes you cannot hear people, even though thier icon shows up. These same people, you may here cutting in or out. I have tried switching many settings, and to no avail. Its very annoying, because its completely random, and it seems to work between most people, it will only be like one or two guys out of the whole team that i cant hear... but can see their icons.

Upvote 0
I have my sound on 3D audio and my mic still doesn't work. I have my mic button on my mouse since my mouse has 4 buttons, 5 if you count clicking the mousewheel down. When i press that button I get the VOIP icon in game but no one can hear me talk. It's been frustrating me really bad. I can't seem to figure out why the game hates my mic for some reason lol. I hope this helps.

Upvote 0
i have the same problem so my question is ther a solution for this issue?
The mic works with out problems under windows and when i use the steam mic test is works also fine.
In game i choose the channel team and when i press the mic button and speak the meter appears and the needle reacts but i can hear no voice!

Upvote 0