• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Your body

In the mod you can't and judging by the screenshots, I would guess "no" in the retail version as well.

Not that many shooters come to mind that do this, or at least do it correctly. FEAR gives a very good sense of having a physical body, as your view sways realistically when walking and running, you can look down and see your feet, and when climbing, even your chest and arms.

Upvote 0
radix said:
the body will add another 1000-3000 polys to the scene. it will be a nice to have feature but i can live without it.

True.. but actually probably more if done right.. (there can always be 'more' polygons :] )

Re: the feet..

I personally think if you're gonna do 'you can see your body beyond arms', then you should do it right.. shoulders.. chest, legs, feet.. etc.. which would mean you'd have to make some pretty nice looking 1st person uniforms..
.. then you know how normally you automatically step up on items of a certain height.. well guess what buddy.. if you're staring at your feet while moving, and hit a small ledge/object, you probably have a good chance of tripping and landing on your butt :p

Upvote 0
Carazor said:
If we get helmets constricting your view, I would also prefer to have the whole uniform...

Also, I want some visible breathing from the cold Russian winter :) How's that for view constriction...?

Seems like you guys have some great ideas... for FUTURE games, especially this last one. Maybe the next round of RO might see some of these implemented.

Upvote 0