• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Ostfront What settings , will be best

BL4Z3>FAS> said:
To those testing with card like the 6800 , what are going to be the best settings for running with no jagged lines & highest possible fps , what do all the settings in ur nvidia Ostfront driver profile look like ?

I have a 6800 GT, and I have absolutely no slowdowns in the mod , with all setttings maxed and maxed resolution

I imagine Ostfront will require a little more, since they have added some graphical effects.. but it shouldnt be as demanding as HL2 or other newer games. This is just guessing on my part, but since the engine is basically the same, the speed should be comparable..

Upvote 0
BicycleRepairMan said:
I have a 6800 GT, and I have absolutely no slowdowns in the mod , with all setttings maxed and maxed resolution

I imagine Ostfront will require a little more, since they have added some graphical effects.. but it shouldnt be as demanding as HL2 or other newer games. This is just guessing on my part, but since the engine is basically the same, the speed should be comparable..

iirc Ostfront is running smoother then the mod...

Upvote 0
Witzig said:
iirc Ostfront is running smoother then the mod...

Yeah, atleast the netcode is better .. and I guess they have optimized it further, but ofcourse the HDR bloom effect etc has to have some kind of effect on the performance..So, I'm guessing they will be roughly equal, but RO:O just a tiny bit more demanding with the new effects on.

Upvote 0
BicycleRepairMan said:
Yeah, atleast the netcode is better .. and I guess they have optimized it further, but ofcourse the HDR bloom effect etc has to have some kind of effect on the performance..So, I'm guessing they will be roughly equal, but RO:O just a tiny bit more demanding with the new effects on.
It's a postprocessing effect to make it clear.

It isn't real High-Dynamic Range-rendering, it's just called that way by Gearbox Software to make it sound more appealing.

Since postprocessing effects do not overload your card so much you might only notice a low framerate change in the graphics cards of maybe 4 generations back such as GeForce 3 Ti, or Radeon 7000.
It shouldn't be much, especially if they used the power of Shaders Models like they did.
It's a real good idea, because UT2.5 doesn't use (much) SM-power.

Upvote 0
Ok well what I'm actually wondering about is for example I can get pretty good framerates in the mod , but the problem is that , quite often in certain spots in the maps ,(there are lots of em) the fps will go from like 85,... to in the teens , I thought it was my older card but I get the same thing with the new 6800gt & have heard of others with fancy gamer rigs have the same thing in certain spots , now I get the same type of thing in doom 3 but I have read that in the case of doom 3 it can be because the textures need to be decompressed as you are playing the game , & this can be resolved by unpaking them them into the game dir , but then you show as an unpure client in anti-cheat software , it can also be a bottleneck at ur cpu (mine is a barton 2500 so I dunno if thats the prob or not , in the case of doom 3 it could be ) So this is what I'm trying to figure out before hand , is if theres anything wrong with my system , A barton 2500 just may not be enough cpu horsepower to prevent a lil choppiness in doom 3 & I guess that in the RO mod , as well as some UT maps , there are some spots that cause this fps dropoff briefly, so Im hoping thats all it is & that the new RO will run like a dream... I do run Splinter Cell chaos theory cranked all the way & its beautiful flawless

Barton 2500 cpu (runs 1.8 equivilant to p4 2500)
1 GB ram
6800 GT
7200rpm Drive

Upvote 0