• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Transparent Squares ?

Jobe

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 10, 2006
Is it me or has the patch changed somthing with the gore in this game ?

You see since the Patch when I shoot and kill ppl from a distance they fall to the ground leaving a transparent Square around the body, this is more noticeable on snowy maps the squares are a bit darker and easier to see..

I have just reformated my PC and have all the up to date drivers needed.

Specs

ATI X850xt (6.6cats)
Gigabyte MB (Nforce3) (5.11 Drivers)
X-FI Fatality (Lastest 2.0.0.7 Drivers)
2 Gig

Thanks in advance if anyone knows what would cause this problem..

Jobe

JoBeViper-Square.JPG

Last edited:
I am back to the 6.5 Cats thinking it was a GFX driver issue but the problem remains :(

These squares are like the one's you get around tree's in DX9 mode, As you approch them they slowley disapear, I play in DX9 as the game runs faster in that mode for me but I have tried normal DX3D and it's still there..

Please if anyone know's what this could be I would be most greatful.

Thanks.

Upvote 0
Looks like a problem with masked textures, the blood is infact just a square sprite layed on the ground, but it should be masked (IE invisible background, so only whats painted on it, in this case blood, should show).

This is definately a driver thing, but, you might be able to do something about:

Start game in practice mode, open the console and type "preferences" (without the quotation marks) and hit enter.

When a tweak-window appears, click on Rendering, and then D3D, now you will get a list of D3D options you can play around with and tweak for looks-vs-performnance, and its a good bet you could find something in there that could help the problem, play around a bit with the various texture properties.

Upvote 0
I have tried what you suggested but to no avial, UNLESS I run everything at its lowest then its fine, however before the patch I was playing with most settings on high using the 6.5 Cats and everything was fine then... 1024x768 DX9 4xAA and AF set at default in the drivers.

I've removed and re-installed GFX Drivers and used Driver cleaner aswell, but nothing works unless I run the game at it's lowest settings which I dont like.

So I dunno what it is :(

I'm gonna run this Beta File system again and see if that solves it but I don't think so...

Upvote 0
Hmm Well I hope it's not gonna get ignored by TW if it is a ATI thing.. I wish they would post some idea what this is, It is around all trees as well if you notice.

I'm in the middle of downloaing modded drivers to try, I've tried all drivers today from the 5.12 cats upwards to 6.6 Cats and the problem remains :(

Upvote 0
I think I may of sussed it now (Fingerscrossed).

I put the game into 16bit for a while and noticed the squares were gone but other objects looked all screwy in places, So I switched back to 32bit and the squares remain gone now, So it looks to be colour related so far..

Going to test more and see If I have finaly cracked it :confused:

Upvote 0