• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Brothers in Arms: EIB

Well... frankly, the game sucks in MP, at least that's what I've experienced - with a max of four players (two in each team leading their respective squads), it just can't bring up a real "feeling" for WW2.

But, I really like the SP of it, because it's so darn tough and challenging... and all the bonus material on the DVD really rocks, I've never regretted buying it - it's quite an extraordinary experience, almost a bit like RO, Western Front-style, with added squadmates to order around.

Upvote 0
Reddog said:
Yeah that's all good but when a game is touted as realistic and then you fire it up and find you can't hit the broad side of a barn at 50m and your soldier holds his gun as steadily as if his arms were made of paper, well it just doesn't cut it.
Hey what about blood spats on your face when you get hit at your legs? :D
Or the dirt spats on your face. :D

Kinda hilarious all, and I think it's a funny game, maybe I'll buy it (I have a **** now :() ... when it's 5 euro's or less. :D

Upvote 0
Reddog said:
Yeah that's all good but when a game is touted as realistic and then you fire it up and find you can't hit the broad side of a barn at 50m and your soldier holds his gun as steadily as if his arms were made of paper, well it just doesn't cut it.

Actually, those are the things I like about BiA the most.

Just try running 2 miles with a battle rifle, with gear on, sweat coming down into your eyes, chest heaving, and see how steady you hold the weapon. Now try hitting a target.

People think that in real life you have complete control over your weapon, like you are at a shooting bench or something, but really, your body has dozens of autonomous responses you can't control, like adrenaline flow, which combined with heavy breathing, and fear-induced muscle tension, produces such side effects as narrowed vision, hand trembling, etc.

Upvote 0
I just beat the game about a week ago. I found it to be very entertaining but hard at the same time. I could never manage to use grenades to my advantage. One thing which made the game a little wierd was when german panzers would approach out of nowhere and I'd have to find a random pile of panzerfausts to destroy them, how come my squadmates never had any???

Upvote 0
Agenda_Suicide said:
I just got road to hill 30. I found it at a used book store for 10 dollars. So i thought ahh what the hell ill get it. I like the SP but i can get the mp to work i keep getting an error. It's pretty fun though. I have it on the hardest setting with no crosshairs, its pretty challenging.

umm you have to beat the game on a simpler difficulty before you can unlock the "Athentic" difficulty. Have you beat it before? And yes authetic is quite challenge (beat it though :) )

Upvote 0
Jack said:
Actually, those are the things I like about BiA the most.

Just try running 2 miles with a battle rifle, with gear on, sweat coming down into your eyes, chest heaving, and see how steady you hold the weapon. Now try hitting a target.

People think that in real life you have complete control over your weapon, like you are at a shooting bench or something, but really, your body has dozens of autonomous responses you can't control, like adrenaline flow, which combined with heavy breathing, and fear-induced muscle tension, produces such side effects as narrowed vision, hand trembling, etc.
Well I have been on many hunting trips using one or another of my rifles (I collect military rifles) and I can tell you I know what it's like to carry around a 4.9Kg weapon all day, up hills, down hills, through gullies and bush and then try to hit something in the brief glimpse of it that you get. And I can say with complete confidence that the weapon sway in BiA is over-exaggerated to a ridiculous extent.

I'm not saying you should have control over your weapon perfectly, because that would be unrealistic, but on the other hand exaggerating weapon sway for the sake of balance and to force the use of the suppression system and then calling the game 'realistic' isn't right either.

Upvote 0
Reddog said:
Well I have been on many hunting trips using one or another of my rifles (I collect military rifles) and I can tell you I know what it's like to carry around a 4.9Kg weapon all day, up hills, down hills, through gullies and bush and then try to hit something in the brief glimpse of it that you get. And I can say with complete confidence that the weapon sway in BiA is over-exaggerated to a ridiculous extent.

I'm not saying you should have control over your weapon perfectly, because that would be unrealistic, but on the other hand exaggerating weapon sway for the sake of balance and to force the use of the suppression system and then calling the game 'realistic' isn't right either.

Reddog what you are referring to though is a different kind of physical exertion than you would have in close combat. You are talking about going distances at a steady pace, not running under fire in akward positions from point to point.

Also, I doubt that while stalking a deer you get the same level of adrenaline flow and increased heart rate, breathing, muscle tension, etc. as you would in a life and death situation against other humans, with incoming fire.

This is the reason that in military training programs all over the world they make guys run through courses and then shoot at targets, because the labored breathing and adrenaline flow you get from running has been found to be the closest simulator you can get to the same trembling and adrenaline flow the body experiences in combat.

Upvote 0