• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

3D & Animation Wicked Penguin's Modelling & Texturing Thread

This is a futuristic Armored Personnel Carrier I'm working on for a mod (see SaveTheJet's thread for other assets from this same mod).

It's completely modular, so you can change the configuration with only code.

Two versions are intended:
1) A transport verson that can carrier a squad of troops and is armed with only a small turret. (the roof and seats aren't modelled yet)
2) A heavily-armed version with a large retractable turret fitted with a large bore cannon and four missile tubes.

The variant below is the heavily armed version with the large cannon. The texture is very much still in progress, but coming along...

APC_01-6.jpg

APC_01-7.jpg

APC_01-8.jpg

Last edited:
Shadehunter said:
Looks very nice... what is the tri count? Perhaps show off the wireframe? Do wish you luck on further progress, its good to see other's work.

Shadehunter

Thanks Shadehunter, JC.

Tri count is not bad at all. For the APC, I splurged a little on the wheels (tired of seeing hexagonal tires) since the actual body is more or less flat planes with some accessories (steps, hatches, etc.)

Though I don't recall the count exactly, with both turrets and the vehicle triangulated it came out to far less than the standard UT2004 Hellbender (which is +/- 7000 tris). And that's without the turrets being optimized yet.

The helicopter is also well within UT2004 game range. It could be a cool what-if toy for Ostfront if I find the time to bone it up and skin it. Who knows if it'd work though, considering that flying vehicles exploded mysteriously when I tested them in RO:CA (my poor Fireblade went kaput whenever I tried to strafe the Panther :( ).

Upvote 0