• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

I stop playing games near their end.

Happens to me too. Usually because I get pulled away from a game by something in real life, then when I go back to it I've forgotten all the cool story details that made me 'attached' to the game for that period of time.

Frankly, that's half the reason I like the idea of episodic content in games. If I can get a good 6 to 10 hours out of 20 bucks, I'm happy. That's a damn good ratio of cost-to-return compared to other stuff to do for entertainment.

Upvote 0
I never finished Unreal 2: The Awakening, I never finished Vampire: Bloodlines, I never finished Warcraft 3: Frozen Throne, I never finished Splinter Cell (the first one) the list goes on...

Allthough on most games I reached the last levels, but my intrest just vanished, maybe becouse of another game, or something in RL, I don't recall :D

Upvote 0
Heh, I'm finally working through Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil. I thought it was another 'ZOMG CAN"T WIN!' ending when I went through a teleporter and ended up in a room full of pillars and HUGE monsters. I figured 'what the hell, I'll give it a shot' and kept plugging away. Turns out, it wasn't the end! *keeps slogging through hell*

I hope it is near, though, because the creepiness factor isn't there as much as it was in Doom 3. Especially in hell, it has just been "Here, have a horde of enemies. Hope you've got ammo."

For anyone who is thinking of picking up RoE, btw, I suggest stockpiling ALL your ammo where possible and using the artifact + grabber for the bulk of the game, until you get to hell :p Jebus I've never shot so many demons in one place before...

Upvote 0
I usually always finish games. Mostly because I am pretty picky on what games I will spend money on.

I would have to say, the games I find myself not finishing are the ones without a thought process. I tend to like **** like Splinter Cell and the Prince of Persia Series. I also enjoyed HL2.

I never finished Doom3 or Far Cry.

Upvote 0
My friend does the same thing apparently, i for one can never not finish a game. I always have to just to see how much effort the devs put into the ending.

Even if i have to cheat i'll see the end, but the only time ive had to cheat in recent memory was Starcraft/Warcraft2/Expansion, gotta see the cool FMV's and i grow bored with base building RTS

Upvote 0
Valac said:
I usually always finish games. Mostly because I am pretty picky on what games I will spend money on.

I would have to say, the games I find myself not finishing are the ones without a thought process. I tend to like **** like Splinter Cell and the Prince of Persia Series. I also enjoyed HL2.

I never finished Doom3 or Far Cry.

WATTTT!!!! I only got a little way into HL2 it was soo horrible but I got to the end of Far Cry and Doom3.
Your the gamer we dispise!

Upvote 0
THG repo said:
WATTTT!!!! I only got a little way into HL2 it was soo horrible but I got to the end of Far Cry and Doom3.
Your the gamer we dispise!

Dude, I finsihed HL2, but not Doom3 or Far Cry, I lost intrest in Far Cry at the time all those freakish monsters started to appear, and lost intrest for doom3 mainly becouse I was scared shitless :D

Upvote 0
HL2, I stopped in Ravenholm after a motherfucking fast zombie jumped at me and made me flip out of my chair. I don't have much of an appetite for games like Quake 4, FEAR, Doom 3, HL2, etc. any more.

I never finished WoW (if you can finish that game :p) I never had the patience to hit 60. As far as I'm concerned when it's taking over a day of solid playing to gain one level, the game is no longer player-friendly.

I'll finish most games if I dedicate enough time to near the end. Though I can't name a game that I've done so with in a long time... the COD series doesn't even count.

I find the beginning of games the most fun. Even in things like World of Warcraft or EQ2, I enjoy the beginning and end (I screwed around on a friend's account for a while) far more than the middle. Call of Duty series too, I find the beginning fun and the end just repetitve.

I think I might have ADD. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0