• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Good times on K

Playing on Konigsplatz as a German is my favourite activity in RO. I like nothing more han being a Pak-Soldat and popping unwary Sov tanks. Alternatively I like to drive the Tiger. I'll take it up the right side dropping it into the trench and making my way up to the side of the building on the right side of the map. From there a full crew can rain death on any Sov infantry running across the open. Ideally the Germans should leave the Sov tanks to the German infantry to handle.

My favourite moment in Konig had to be being up towards the second spawns on the German side of the earthmounds. I had used up all my PFs on tanks and our position was being overrun. Rather than bolt across the open I found a hole and hid. The racing Sovs went right over me, never looking down , as they pursued the falling back Germans. By chance a Sov Machine Gunner was hit near my hiding spot and went down. I scrambled out, got the MG and ammo and scrambled back. After getting it deployed I had to have killed well over a dozen Sovs. I was shooting at them from behind and with the green tracers they must have all assumed it was one of their own laying fire down towards the German lines. I only shot at guys whose backs were turned to me. I had hoped the Germans would advance and retake my position in force but the Sovs unfortunately figured out what was going on before that could happen. It was a hoot while it lasted though!

Upvote 0
King Ragnar said:
Cool story, thats why i love the platz as germans defending the last of the fatherland, its best when yoour down to 0% reinf and defending the reichstag, its awesome.
Yep I love giving my absolute best as germans for every square meter of the Konigsplatz, it's damn thrilling.

Same with allies, trying absolutely everything to get to the reichstag and coming closer and closer, all towards that last run to victory!

Upvote 0
keep it up, i love reading peoples storys from the game

i got lots but i never seem to remember them.

wait up, on kaukaus (think thats how its spelt) i was russian using the semi SVT lastnight and as the fasict swines were assulting the mortar position i was sniping them, getting about a 70% accuracy rate, they didnt even cap the mortars untill there was only about 4 mins to go :D

Upvote 0
I have a slightly less intense first game experience. I was playing on arad, and im russian rushing into the nazi village (which was the last point we needed). Running up the banks i fire and take down a nazi aiming a panzerfaust at a tank. Just then a panther rolls up straight in front of me. The driver switches to mg position and i hit the dirt. A russian tank round gets a lucky shot and blows the tank, saving my life. I start up the bank once more and make it into the city. I reload my ppsh, and crouch in front of a building out of view. The other guys capping with me get killed, so i turn around the corner and come face to face with a mp40. He shoots the gun out of my hand, giving me a split second to go OH ****! Just then an artillery round strikes directly at his feet, obliterating him. I sprint the hell away and finish the cap. :)

Upvote 0
Great description of a Konigsplatz session Votequimby! It's what is so cool about this map... There's good action for just about every type of player. The tankers and tank-killers get their loving, mg'ers get good angles, us infantry types have our favoirite spots to work from while avoiding endless arty rounds, and snipers operating from the fringe get to annoy everyone :)

Upvote 0
During testing, we really had a good time with this map. To make it more fun, if you're on the german side and you notice that you have the russians pinned at their spawn. Fall back some so that fighting can advance more. I don't know how many times I have been playing and the russians are pinned at their spawn for the entire round. If you let up a little, it makes for much more intense rounds as there are actual tactics involved once the fighting gets toward the center of the map

Upvote 0
I love the map, but it seems like the only time I can have fun on it is when I'm playing with a teamwork-oriented squad. In any other case, it's just laying down and plinking at each other from distances.

Working in squads is definately the best way to go. I wish RO would have an implemented squad feature, kind of like BF2, so it encourages teamwork more.

Upvote 0
majoris23 said:
I love the map, but it seems like the only time I can have fun on it is when I'm playing with a teamwork-oriented squad. In any other case, it's just laying down and plinking at each other from distances.

Working in squads is definately the best way to go. I wish RO would have an implemented squad feature, kind of like BF2, so it encourages teamwork more.

Ssssh why dont speak of BF2. It attracts the zombies. but I do agree with the squad feature. you should make a topic about it.

Upvote 0