• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why is Axe 5 slots and katana 3?

I would like to have axe as a firebug along the flamer.

xD Someone been playing too much TF2 :p

No, srsly. Axes tend to be pretty darn heavy IRL. Also, axes kinda work at the minute as being slow, heavy, big. But being darn cheap both on and offperk and easily available. In my view, they're fine as they are.

Also, I grab a MAC10 to complement my flamethrower... longer range and ability to knock heads off things. I've never noticed myself needing to kill things in melee (husks, scrakes and fps aside).

Upvote 0
Having an Axe as a firebug would be perfect.
Since firebug in some way is like a demo, awesome for group killing but not so effective on a single targets. No problem you can kill a single target easily with a thrower, but do you really wanna waste your ammo just like that?
One hitting them with an Axe would be awesome.
Axe is super cheap item. And i think it's the exact reason why it weights so much. If you make it super light like a Katana and keep in mind that price on Axe is only 150, it would be super effective/ cheap weapon.
I think the makers did think about it long time ago... if you want to have an awesome meele weapon for Firebug, you will have to pay 1k not 150 mate :)

Upvote 0
I feel as if I should support the axe weighing 4 just for the sake of the firebug. Anti-husk measures, etc.

Alternatively, he could do with some buffing in other areas.

Making fire/crisp-up slow zeds down by a certain percentage depending on the player's level is one of my faves.

Scorched enemies already take extra damage from all sources, I feel like a slow would be excessive, also consider that they freak out when scorched (FP's/Scrakes come to mind here in terms of usefulness).

Since the husk cannon firebugs have gained a lot of utility and usefulness in higher difficulties, I usually have top gold when using firebug because all the trash kills which allows for switching between the weapons on waves where I'd need single target or aoe damage. Level 6 firebugs are far from pushovers now, they just need some more weapon variety (which they might be getting when IJC releases the thompson).

Upvote 0
Sooo... we'll take the best weapon in the game, and make it better?
Spoiler!

Reactions: Jake74
Upvote 0
Sooo... we'll take the best weapon in the game, and make it better?
Spoiler!

Best?

In what way?

Cant kill scrake or fp nonperk with axe on HoE, unless they freeze and let you kill them.

I just like altfire of axe better than katana, because it

Last edited:
Upvote 0
MACs are pretty good long-range actually if you fire single shots. I've taken on psuedo sniping roles with it on maps like Mountain Pass no problem. Just gotta aim caerfully. Not sure if the first bullet travels down the 'crosshair', or whether it's just far more accurate, but it is accurate.

Also, can't you get your team to deal with husks? I would've thought it'd be more efficient than the bug swapping to melee weapon and running in for a decap.

Upvote 0
the axe is the best weapon in the game because it is so damned cheap, and so damn powerful, especially in the right hands. i don't mind the claymore as it is, i use it all the time when im zerking on patty rounds, and a decent amount in normal waves.

Stop talking crap.
I ****ing hate when people say this thing "IN TEH RIGHT HANDZ"... scrubs.
Yes please give me the lessons on "how to use the AXE as a zerker GUIDE" plz do some. You axe master!
Axe the best weapon in the game? What are you talking son?
It's only there to switch to stun scrake and kite a Fleshpound with it.
You'll do fine if you have ONLY katana as a zerker... everyone knows that katana is the best zerkers weapon... even birds know that.
One more fact, just to proove how good katana is, it's the fact that 95% people would never player zerker anymore if you remove katana from game... and now we saying "AXE IS TEH BEST WEAPON IN GAME TROLOL".
No bro, it isn't, it's balanced how it is... situational weapon, nothing more.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0
Stop talking crap.
Yes please give me the lessons on "how to use the AXE as a zerker GUIDE" plz do some. You axe master!
You'll do fine if you have ONLY katana as a zerker... everyone knows that katana is the best zerkers weapon... even birds know that.
One more fact, just to proove how good katana is, it's the fact that 95% people would never player zerker anymore if you remove katana from game... and now we saying "AXE IS TEH BEST WEAPON IN GAME TROLOL".

so you will die using a katana on scrake and fp. rather than kill them with an axe. makes sense :)

Upvote 0
Stop talking crap.

Someone show this arrogant dude's post to scary ghost so he can bash him in the head with an axe

Upvote 0
Stop talking crap.

LOL

first off, when i said in the right hands, i think of people like candlejack, scary ghost, and other videos i've seen of extremely good players, i was not talking about myself whatsoever. i also like your so called "fact" that 95% of zerkers wouldn't play that perk anymore if they removed or nerfed the katana, are you sure you're not just talking about yourself? :rolleyes: you also are not playing any difficulty over hard if you only carry the katana, nice flinch-locks bro

secondly, when i do zerk, a lot of times i will solely use the axe or claymore as my melee weapon instead of the katana, makes it fun to actually have to dodge the enemies instead of slicing every head in sight and triggering zed time every other group. IMO the katana is ever so slightly OP, i'll probably get a lot of hate for saying that, but jesus that thing is amazing i carry it offperk quite often to deal with single or small group trash. in fact, id say i carry the katana offperk more than i do as zerker :p

and thirdly, the axe is a ****ing beast, im pretty sure offperk the altfire can take down any specimen under a husk with one alt fire, and kills with the decap unlike the katana offperk on any difficulty. you can run faster with it than any ranged weapon, and it is one of the cheaper weapons in the game, and never runs out of ammo, saving you money to contribute to other things. you're probably another zerker who doesn't play with his team, so i don't care about your opinions :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0