• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics RO 2 and BIA series

I think he ment that as Brothers in Arms Hells Highway is made with the same
engine he askes if it will look the same.

Funny two weeks ago i bought that game. Just wanted to see
how they made the levels with the Unreal Engine. Paid only 10 euro.
Single player looks great and the industrial level and the sanatorium
offers inspiration. Levels and graphics are good. SP campaign is typical
dramatized movies inbetween and you will have to do "the blow up the 88"
and "clear that area from Germans" again. I have ruined about 500 of these
88's since Medal of Honor Allied Assaul by now.

Multiplayer levels are horrible and look dull. Feels like the developer didn't
have no interest at all for the Multiplayer part of the game.

But as said SP looks good. But i think RO HOS will look different.

Upvote 0
How about like Arma2 command and control?...

How about like Arma2 command and control?...

Must say i have been drawn to the "Dark side" and very much enjoy Arma2 and its team control model.. quirky to learn but effective in guiding players to where they should be.. (whether they do is of course another matter).

Anything that stops this unreal (no pun) run n gun stuff is worth trying.

Anyway worth a look if you havent seen it

Upvote 0
I would jump off a cliff if TWI would implement the complicated system Armas or OFP has. I understand it can be very effective, but learning that is just so painfull and totally puts me off from playing those games.

Plus RO is much smaller game(and more action packed), you woudn't need that much information, so simpler and faster command system is a must(can I say BF2?).

Upvote 0
I think he ment that as Brothers in Arms Hells Highway is made with the same
engine he askes if it will look the same.

Funny two weeks ago i bought that game. Just wanted to see
how they made the levels with the Unreal Engine. Paid only 10 euro.
Single player looks great and the industrial level and the sanatorium
offers inspiration. Levels and graphics are good. SP campaign is typical
dramatized movies inbetween and you will have to do "the blow up the 88"
and "clear that area from Germans" again. I have ruined about 500 of these
88's since Medal of Honor Allied Assaul by now.

Multiplayer levels are horrible and look dull. Feels like the developer didn't
have no interest at all for the Multiplayer part of the game.

But as said SP looks good. But i think RO HOS will look different.

no, i'm sure that RO:HoS will be much better ;)

RO 2>RO 1>BiA :cool:

Upvote 0
Just a note: the multiplayer in Hell's Highway was made by Rockstar England i believe, anyways it isn't made by Gearbox.
Rockstar did an incredibly mediocre job for the mp, whatever you do there is ALWAYS lag, maps are lame and uninspired, etc.
Gearbox would have been better off doing the mp themselves, but they wanted to focus purely on the single player.

Upvote 0
god BIA road to hill 30 or what ever tha hell its called....SUCKS... at first I thought it would be pretty cool, as it seemed kinda realistic 1st player WW2 experience, but the German soldiers to basically two or three things, run to nearest cover, and crouch, bob their heads up and down, left to right peering out from cover, and they all look exactly the same when they are doing it.... god then the iron sights... ok, it's cool that its all shaky, but you cant even rest it against somehting to steady it like in RO.... it really ****ted me off, I ended up just charging ever one and firing from the hip, way more effective... Throwing nades down a tanks hatch? I'm sure most tanks had them locked... anyways, I dont see myself finishing BIA... is hells highway any better? I need something to fill in the time while I wait for RO HOS!

Upvote 0
god BIA road to hill 30 or what ever tha hell its called....SUCKS... at first I thought it would be pretty cool, as it seemed kinda realistic 1st player WW2 experience, but the German soldiers to basically two or three things, run to nearest cover, and crouch, bob their heads up and down, left to right peering out from cover, and they all look exactly the same when they are doing it.... god then the iron sights... ok, it's cool that its all shaky, but you cant even rest it against somehting to steady it like in RO.... it really ****ted me off, I ended up just charging ever one and firing from the hip, way more effective... Throwing nades down a tanks hatch? I'm sure most tanks had them locked... anyways, I dont see myself finishing BIA... is hells highway any better? I need something to fill in the time while I wait for RO HOS!

Hells Highway is definatley better than road to hill 30

Upvote 0
system

system

I talk about the system of tacticals squad in BIA not about all teh game BIA...I already know RO and RO 2 are teh bests !

But in the video, the system of RO 2 is LOOK LIKE the tacticals system of BIA !
There is also difference : because RO 2 use a circle of 8 orders...

But maybe we can see a problem : we can be killed during the time we give orders ??? (It s my second question..)

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr. Pierre Chang
Upvote 0
I talk about the system of tacticals squad in BIA not about all teh game BIA...I already know RO and RO 2 are teh bests !

But in the video, the system of RO 2 is LOOK LIKE the tacticals system of BIA !
There is also difference : because RO 2 use a circle of 8 orders...

But maybe we can see a problem : we can be killed during the time we give orders ??? (It s my second question..)

sure why not? :confused:

Upvote 0