• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Run/Sprint System

Zaiden

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 2, 2009
I've been playing Killing Floor for a bit and it's a really enjoyable mod. One feature I would love to see in the retail/steam version is some sort of running/sprinting system. It would be great to be able to run/sprint, even for a short time with a fatigue system of some sort. I'm not sure if the player movement speed in the retail/steam will be the same as in the original mod, but if so, it would be nice to have the ability incase it's needed.

basically the knife sort of works like sprint now..
Take out your knife and you can't shoot, but you move faster.

I think a lot of the diehard KF fans wouldn't like sprint, but I think it'd be nice.

I also wish you moved backwards slower than you do forwards. :\ That'd make it quite a bit harder.

Upvote 0
Okay don't need to get so ridiculous with the options. :\

Everyone says "make it an option" but then you get into the whole reason Epic added the "Pure" server filter and icon.

With all the options it's hard to balance the game all sorts of ways. It's better to leave it up to people making mutators for removing things if they REALLY want.

And yes, RO's sprint is good. I believe in RO you move slower backwards too

Upvote 0
Pull out a melee weapon and you'll run maybe 15% faster. I think this is 25% faster if you have the berserker perk. I'm not quite so sure but it says exactly in the perks menu in the mod.
The benefit to this is a balancing issue since you trade your offensive capability for speed.

knife is enough.
no need to spoil it.

Yes, moving backwards should be slower than forwards.

That would be fun.

Upvote 0
I think that the speed bonus the knife gives should be removed. Your total weight does affect your run speed and i think that how holding heavy/large weapons slows you down makes sense but should be balanced better. It is a lot more difficult to run with something if you are holding it with two hands and forcing all of the weight onto your arms whereas if it is on your back or something it's more distributed and easier to move around with.

Edit: Just remembered this topic was about a sprint feature. If you cannot shoot when you sprint then it would be good. A feature where you trip over if sprinting over difficult terrain would be cool.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
A feature where you trip over if sprinting over difficult terrain would be cool.
Don't know about that, but falling down for half a second if you take damage while sprinting might be great.

That'd add a LOT more tension when zombies get close and you're trying to get away at the last moment, or if there was a siren there that you didn't see that hit you at range.

Upvote 0
Yeah thats why i said the knife speed bonus should be removed, it's the one that makes little sense.
Maybe makes little sense, but its the primary use for the knife.
You decide to trade in your offensive capability (well, for me it increases it:p, but for most ppl it decreases), then you ought to be rewarded for that by more speed. And much more things make "little sense".
For example: The LAW is so bulky, you shouldn't be able to carry anything beside that. Whilst that would certainly make more sense, it would render the LAW nearly useless, since you have no other means to defend yourself except the knife, which very few people actually can use the right way.
So no, Don't remove the knife speed bonus.
I'd rather even see it increased a tiny bit.
Oh, and running faster with a Knife does make more sense. Test it out like this: Take a weight of 5kg bar of steel in your hand a weight of 1kg steel bar on your belt. Now run. Repeat the same, but put the 5kg on your back with a strap, and the 1kg weight in your hand. Guess when you can move/run faster and easier.

Last edited:
Upvote 0