• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Improved Germans

Amerikaner

Nov 23, 2005
comparison4cx.jpg

Can we please get some improved German faces and models? As seen above the Russians look rather noticeably superior in appearance. You can even see pores on the Russian's face on the left if you look close enough. The German counterpart is merely a peach color with barely any detail. Out of the Russians, there is not one unsharp character and for the Germans, there is in comparison, only one very detailed character:

shot000086dm.png

hobo_fabulous said:
That sounds like a waste of the dev's time. I would much rather have them working on new levels and vehicles than mucking around with super-realistic faces. Frankly, I try not let the enemy get that close to me anyways.

Once again, mappers make maps, coders code, artists do artwork. There is someone on the team to work on faces and that wont take any time away from creating a map because they dont map. The only way this would take time away from anything else is if a dev was working on props for a new map or they worked on every aspect of the game.

Upvote 0
Norden said:
I agree. One thing that has always bothered me, the german faces and their helmets. The M35 stahlhelmet in RO Ost suck, it looks like they where carved out of some rough stone. And i never seen the M42 helmet once in the game. :confused:

LOL just like the early model Russian spade cover, it seems the devs love to model after early-war hardware but they love late-war scenarios for their maps :p

Upvote 0
Oh cmon:

Amerikaner said:
Once again, mappers make maps, coders code, artists do artwork. There is someone on the team to work on faces and that wont take any time away from creating a map because they dont map. The only way this would take time away from anything else is if a dev was working on props for a new map or they worked on every aspect of the game.

Upvote 0
Zbojnik said:
Wow. You must play on some good servers. I get Tk'd at least 6x on the server that I play on. It's really annoying but hey it happened. I love this part from Murphy's Laws of Combat. " Friendly Fire - isn't."

No I play on random servers and its always fine. The large majority of times I get tked are from arty or stupidly thrown nades. These usually arent from people mistaking me for an enemy, just mistakenly placing the explosives or me being in the wrong spot.

I rarely ever get sighted as an enemy from a rifle or smg. And when that does happen people usually miss because theyre new anyway. This is realism. It doesnt take much effort and/or experience to distinguish one team from the other. Never ever should we get less content for something so trivial.

Upvote 0