• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 huh...really?

I am new here and I wasn't really going to say anything about the game. But, it bugs me too much that I spent money on a game that hasn't evolved at all, or at least better than the priviest RO1.

Your graphics are generations behind and not to mention that the game needs some major optimizing. It looks like a 10 years old game and it needs more muscle than crysis1 for god sakes. Frames never go higher than 30 or 35 all maxed out on a 5870XXX with a 980 overclocked at 4.30 with 8GB ram clocked at 1600. Thats a system that should be raping this game considering how it looks and it cant get higher than 30fps on max. I found out later that it has to do with your shadows and occlusion settings. Once you set those to low fps will go to 60s or even 70s. Still not good enough, but playable.

I know you guys are all about realism and that is the reason I like red orchestra 1. But, one thing is making the game realistic and another is making it playable. You still haven't evolved from the old ways of making the controls. You need to make us be able to select the pistol, rifle, grenade or what not with one touch of a key. not select it and then click on it. You already made the switching of the the weapon take for ever so why make the selecting of the weapon take even longer? Doesn't make sense for a game that is realistic. You are making it harder than that.

last thing I think you have a problem with is the lack of quality in the anti aliasing. The priviest RO1 had a smoother anti aliasing thus making it easier to see the enemy. We are team killing each other in there and we don't even know who is who. everything has the same colors and textextures as if it was all painted with 2 colors, black and brown.

I hate complaining about a red orchestra game since I put in so many hours in RO1 and use to love it so much. Now for the trolls...dont even wait up for me cause as you can see..this ain't a place where I hang out.