• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grand Theft Auto IV - Mega Thread - Potential SPOILERS

I was a little dismayed last Saturday, not for you guys or for the 100s of 1000s that have played and are going to play this game, to be confronted by a notice in my local Mega Game Store saying.

"For those that have purchased GTA IV and are not able to start or run the game, please update your XBox configuration through Internet:eek:.

1 XBox internetz = 17 non internetz !
Now we all gotz the Internetz, so no problem.
This is in the East of France btw.

Me thinks that the pack being promoted with 60

Upvote 0
If you bought the 360 version there will be 2 episodes with up to 10 hours of gameplay released over Live. The first one is said to be coming as soon as August.

If you bought the PS3 version you're SOL.
To clear this up.

1. The DLC for the 360 will be at least two new episodes with 10 hours of gameplay each. These will not appear on the PS3.

2. There will be DLC beyond those episodes, possibly/probably for both systems. So the PS3 will get DLC, but they will not get those two exclusives, and the 360 will get exclusive DLC and possibly whatever other DLC is slated to be released.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Am I the only one when I say that the Multiplayer sucks?

I mean, 90% of the ppl have no clue what they are doing, and when the 'enemy' get away from you there's no way of catching up, cuz you have to cross half the ****ing city before you get to them.

Might be the xbox community helping to the sucky experience, but so far it's horrible. Love the singleplayer though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's just you.

Anwyay, the 360 version edges out the PS3 version terms of graphical prowess for the game.

http://www.eurogamer.net/article.php?article_id=137829&page=1

The 360 runs at a higher res, has a higher average framerate, and aside from some dithering and "warm" colors is identical to the ps3 graphically (ignoring the blur that appears on the ps3 from the lower res).

Upvote 0
Am I the only one when I say that the Multiplayer sucks?

I mean, 90% of the ppl have no clue what they are doing, and when the 'enemy' get away from you there's no way of catching up, cuz you have to cross half the ****ing city before you get to them.

Might be the xbox community helping to the sucky experience, but so far it's horrible. Love the singleplayer though.

I partially agree. Jumping in random games can be a bit hit and miss. Sometimes it's great fun, other times it can just be a pretty laggy chaotic mess for me at least.

On the other hand, having a private free roam game with a few good mates is quality. A few of us had a 6* stand off inside of Burger Shot, eventually breaking out and just about making it to a subway station on foot, where another epic shootout took place. In the end we ran all the way to another island via the subway tunnels to escape. It was like our own mini 'Three Leaf Clover' (if you've done that mission yet).

Last edited:
Upvote 0
so ive got a Q for those of you who actually own this game, what is the car customization like? if its in game at all; and can you finally drop a different engine in the car?!!

Sadly that and alot of the character customization that was in SA isn't in this one. I do believe we'll probably see new features in subsequent games.

Upvote 0
These pigeons might be the death of me. I did the 50 stunt jumps and really, outside of the races and finding all of the cars via the text messages, the pigeons are the only thing standing between me and 100% and the Key to the City. I started tracking through the first seven pigeons on a list and quickly tired of it. :(

Last edited:
Upvote 0