• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server Limited In-game Admin?

Bionip

Sep 21, 2010
I want some of our junior admins to have access to the ingame admin console, so they can kick, etc. I DON'T want them to have full control of the webadmin interface, though.

It seems that the ingame admin uses the "Admin" account\password, and I'm not able to filter out webadmin pages for the "Admin" account. I can create a seperate filtered webadmin account, but I can't figure out how to use that account for the ingame admin.

Is that too confusing? If not, does anyone know a way around this?

Thanks.

[url]http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=57458[/URL]

That thread should answer most of your questions.

Aside from the admin and server passwords being on the same page, you can pretty well narrow the admin options down fairly concisely. And from I can tell, the admin password on that page doesn't change anything when multi-admin is running. It changes the admin password in the ROGame.ini file, but multi-admin apparently overides that. If someone else could confirm their experience that would be great, too.

Upvote 0
Yeah, maybe my post was too confusing.

I already have the multiadmin setup and working with two accounts - Admin (has access to everything) and JuniorAdmin (access to kick players and change maps only).

I want those JuniorAdmins to also be able to use the in-game admin console commands (e.g. "adminKick player vulgar language"). The in-game admin console only seems to work with the Admin account. I could give those JuniorAdmins the Admin account except that I can't seem to limit the Admin account to only certain webadmin pages. I don't want them messing with map cycles, removing webadmins, changing welcome messages, etc.

:IS2:

Upvote 0
Yeah, maybe my post was too confusing.

I already have the multiadmin setup and working with two accounts - Admin (has access to everything) and JuniorAdmin (access to kick players and change maps only).

I want those JuniorAdmins to also be able to use the in-game admin console commands (e.g. "adminKick player vulgar language"). The in-game admin console only seems to work with the Admin account. I could give those JuniorAdmins the Admin account except that I can't seem to limit the Admin account to only certain webadmin pages. I don't want them messing with map cycles, removing webadmins, changing welcome messages, etc.

:IS2:

Your "Admin" account on multiadmin is not the same one as the console admin. So if you change the password on the passwords page THAT is the in-game one. The console admin is limited in what it can do, but I don't know to what extent. I hope that makes sense.

Upvote 0