• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Server Switch for voice chat like low ping kick

Divinehammer

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 9, 2006
Sunny, Obamalot
I propose that a new server switch be introduced that checks attaching clients to see if they have Voice chat turned on and volume at a set level. This should be tied to a time limit so that when you enter you have a few minutes to make the changes to your config. If you dont then it should boot you from the server. You may not like to talk but dang it your going to hear me say stop the tank. This should help encourage more talkative servers when you know that everyone can hear you.

I meant High Ping kick

Last edited:
Rrralphster said:
Not a bad idea! And I would like to add another suggestion to that. Make another channel specially for tanks with a seperate activation button. Should help heaps...
Use local chat. It works like that..most of the time.

EDIT: and as far as voice chat goes I'd like to point out *again* that EAX sound mode and in-game voice chat do not mix. So forcing someone to turn their sound up in that situation is worse than pointless.

Upvote 0
Phoenix-D said:
and as far as voice chat goes I'd like to point out *again* that EAX sound mode and in-game voice chat do not mix. So forcing someone to turn their sound up in that situation is worse than pointless.

Most valluable tip I found in recent days! I was getting seriously annoyed by the fact voice-chat didn't work for me... (had my sound set to H/D EAX for the duration).

Cheers!

Upvote 0