• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Server New Linux Server Beta Update (April 10)

[TW]Ramm-Jaeger

Tripwire Interactive President
Oct 11, 2005
www.redorchestragame.com
This is for Linux server admins only. There will be a new beta server patch out on HLDS about 9PM EST. If you run HLDS with the beta command (-beta ro) after that time you should get the update. This update fixes the "Unknown percent " crash. Assuming this beta patch proves to be fairly stable, this version will become an "official" patch soon. Thanks to everyone that has been running the beta patches. This has been extremely useful in finding and fixing issues with the linux server.

we still have crashes...
this evening server run from:

16:18-18:34
18:34-19:03
19:03-20:45
20:45-21:12

so i guess there is room for more crashes this evening :(
i think i dont need to post the logs, because they are uploaded automaticly, right?

its really sad. you know we have to pay alot of money for this root and every day we get a full server - crash - full server - cras again etc.
so i think hope is dying last, but after this bug with login to servers now thats my new nightmare.

Upvote 0
No crash for the moment !!
server up since 09:00 GMT and full (between 25 and 32 players) since ~4 hours without problems :)

CPU usage : average of 15% lower than before the patch
Memory usage : average of 10% lower than before the patch (with 32 players)

My server is an A64 3000+ with 512MB

If you want to test it => 194.242.114.56:7757 (or open ro.sgt-crapgame.net in the console)

Upvote 0