• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Need a quick tutorial on screen captures

DieFledermaus

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2006
I need to get some captures from on high, i.e. in roaming view.

I have clicked the F9 to do the capture, but when I go to Word and hit paste, there is nothing on my clipboard.

I can I A) get a screen capture and B) then paste it into Word or Photoshop etc.?

Thanks

The screenshots go into a folder under your Steam Folder.

Go to x:/ProgramFiles/Steam/SteamApps/yourusername/RedOrchestra/Screenshots

where x is whatever drive you have the game installed on, and yourusername is .... well, your Steam username. :D

The screenshots are saved as .BMP files, so you can just paste the image in whatever document you want.

Also, you may want to resize them. Depending on your resoulution, the file size can be considerably large for these screenshots.

Upvote 0
Lemme blow the dust of off this thread first..

*wwhwwhooowwh.. cuochackcough, cough, khack*

okay,

I've been taking some interesting screenshots lately while in spec mode, but for some reason they arent making it into my screenshots folder within the Steam folder. I know where the screenshots are held, so I'm not looking in the wrong spot... but it seems that maybe the folder is capped at a certain size or something?

I'm not sure why they arent making it into the correct folder and seemingly disappearing, but if anyone could help me out, maybe someone has experienced this before... I'd love/need some help :)

Upvote 0
I also have another question. Is there any way to make RO save screenshot in jpeg format instead of bmp? It is so annoying to change convert them manually. Also, bmp format takes too much space on HD. This is especially noticable if you have hundreds or even thousands of screenshots saved. Thanks.

Upvote 0
Are you looking in the "steam apps, common folder,RO, screen shots" ?

Bmaps are not that heavy, and jpeg compresses the file.

Divide by 2 your Bmaps to save space, the day that you want to work them, just x by 2, you will have no quality loss in the operation.

If that helps any, my pleasure..:p

Upvote 0