• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Will you need UT2004?

k9mike

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 4, 2005
Texas
Hi. Will you still need UT2004 to play RO? Or, will you be able to play it through Steam, with out it? I dont have UT2004 and want to know, so I wont have to buy UT2004 and RO through steam when it comes out. Thanks for any help. Really looking forward to playing this one...:)

k9mike

HSCN-II-gd1944 said:
Are there any texture files of player or vehicle models of UT not required by RO?
The D:\UT2004\Textures folder seems too big and of no use, doesn't it? :rolleyes:
Yes, this pisses me off as well. If I delete even one unnecessary texture file, I can't seem to get RO or UT2k4 running. Why can't I delete the goddamn textures and static meshes which are only used for maps I already deleted? :rolleyes:

RO:O is standalone, so hopefully it won't eat up as much HD space as UT2k4 does. However, I want to be able to play RO 3.3 on my computer which I have a limited HD budget on cuz I'm not the only one using the computer.

Upvote 0
AceOfSpades said:
Yes, this pisses me off as well. If I delete even one unnecessary texture file, I can't seem to get RO or UT2k4 running. Why can't I delete the goddamn textures and static meshes which are only used for maps I already deleted? :rolleyes:

The reason for this is that UT2K4 has a lot of static meshes and textures that are perfectly fine to use in RO maps, so most people use them instead of modelling their own which takes a fair bit of time.

Upvote 0
How big is your drive? Could you maybe move some things you want to keep, but dont use much, burn them to a cd or dvd, and then delete them(make sure they're not still in recycle bin(assuming Windows O/S, ROO doesnt like Mac or Linux...:D ). Another thing to do is to convert any screenshots to .jpg format, saves ALOT of space!

Upvote 0