• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What will the SDK be like?

Creaturemagic

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jul 27, 2011
Hey guys, first post although I have been lurking these forums for a while now. My first question is in relation to the SDK that is shiping with RO2. So I have messed around with the Source SDK and some other SDK/Map making/mod making programs and although they are hard to learn at first, once you know what your doing your pretty much set. So my question is therefore, what is the layout/usablility of the SDK tools? What will they allow us to do? How easy will it be to make a map/mod and play it? Will I have to install it into certain folders ect or do I just load up the game and BAM its there? Anywho, thanks!
-Creaturemagic

oh heres a question....

Will custom maps have to be downloaded before hand or will you download the map as you connect to the server? It was an old lovely feature of the olden call of duties I really liked =)

I believe there is the ability to send the map over HTTP/FTP when connecting. I know UE2 allowed it, can't see why UE3 wouldn't.

Upvote 0