• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mauser Karabiner 98k Safety

Zbojnik

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 30, 2006
Chicago
Hi. I'm new and I'd just like to say I love your mod. I have noticed small problem with the mod. It comes with the Kar98k. The Mauser 98k features a very interesting safety design which has 3 safety "lugs." In the skin in ROOST the lug is pointing to the right. When it points to the right that is the "safety on" "mode" and it does not permit you to open the bolt or pull the trigger. I wasn't sure if you guys picked that up so I just decided to point it out. I hope the pictures I include help.

s1.jpg
This shows the Mauser safety in the off position.

s2.jpg
This shows the safety in the middle position. It allows the bolt to be open but does not allow the trigger to be pulled. Ideal for reloading under non stressful conditions.

s3.jpg
This shows the safety on the right. This position does not allow the trigger to be pulled nor the bolt to be opened. This is the position of the "lug" in ROOST while it ideally should be identical to the one in the first picture. Thank you for your time.