• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Stalingrad Volgo crossing and Taking Red Square

Moseman872

Mar 27, 2006
Has the Dev team ever thought of doing a map like in the movie Enemy at the Gates where the poorly equiped Russian troops have to cross the Volgo into Stalingrad. Then get past the German Defenses(slaughter) and finally retake Red Square? (blah... that's a mouth full!)

As the fighting, to my knowledge, never actually reached the banks of the Volga to the point where the loading docks were under fire, the actual boat ride would be an unnessicary addon to the map. However, I would love to see some more Stalingrad maps. It was a big city, and a long battle, and, while this may come as a shock, the city was not covered in snow the whole time.

Upvote 0
Actually the docks at times were actually under machine gun fire. The Germans on a few occasions had pushed to the Volga and were at the river banks but were forced back by counter attacks. Russian engineers even built a small footbridge from the island in the Volga to the West bank. This way the barges only had to go half way and then you walked across for the rest of the way. It was a small bridge so it would be a much harder target for German artillery to hit.

But in real life no one even just went across the water on a boat and then fought up the hillside and pushed the germans out. The germans were in those buildings nice and tight and when the Russians got to the shore they went into bunkers and trenches or made their way to a safer sector of the shore. Most soldiers didn't spend much time at all on the shore anyway. What I would like to see is a map about the attack on the grain silo and a map of the tractor factory. In the tractor factor the infantry dug in tight and eventually the tanks broke in and mowed them down. I've yet to see a game do that hellish nightmare the people in the factories faced.

Upvote 0
Moseman872 said:
Has the Dev team ever thought of doing a map like in the movie Enemy at the Gates where the poorly equiped Russian troops have to cross the Volgo into Stalingrad. Then get past the German Defenses(slaughter) and finally retake Red Square? (blah... that's a mouth full!)

Lol. That's not only a mouth full, that's 1/3rd of a entire singleplayer campaign all cramped into 1 multiplayer map :D

Upvote 0
Deathsai said:
Red Square was awesome. Crawling forward with a DP and an MG-34 trading shots back and forth...dodging from cover to cover...it really was mandatory to stay in cover. It felt so cool.
RS was the map that really turned me into a die hard marksman...i mean i was very much attracted to the sniper class...but it was red square and Danzig that taught me how to lead with the sight and begin to develop a sence of how the sniper behaves...
now its barashka...not alot of people know where you put the beed on the guy to shoot him from one radio bunker to the other

Upvote 0