• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Steel Armor:Blaze of War

I'm guessing a lot of you guys will be interested in this.

The Ukrainan guys behind Steel Fury and Achtung Panzer, Graviteam, are making a new title called "Steel Armor:Blaze of War". Apparently it's a tank sim but also with elements of commanding other units. I think it looks awesome, the small scale tactical warfare elements of the game really appeals to me.

http://www.graviteam.com/games/210.html
(They also need someone to proofread their english text) :p

The YT channel regularly posts video updates, the latest one is spectacular:

YouTube - mtc80_birds_view.wmv

I also love this Iran-Iraq war video (music is win!)
YouTube - mtc80_m60_gunfire.wmv

Really looking forward to this, but no release date posted yet...

(I've said it before in another thread but TWI should contact these guys, apparently they are lacking major distributors for Europe and the US, and I think this game would be right up Triwire's "alley" so to speak ;) )

Reactions: Moyako and LemoN
(I've said it before in another thread but TWI should contact these guys, apparently they are lacking major distributors for Europe and the US, and I think this game would be right up Triwire's "alley" so to speak ;) )

funny you say that - steel fury and t34 vs tiger were published by lighthouse (who went under and thus they were not widely available) - the latter of which i understand to have somewhat impressed ppl at tripwire - so i wouldn't be at all surprised if twi are having a good look at this one.

can't wait for this - iran-iraq war is the big thing for me (i'd love to mod the conflict) and this is an absolute must buy as far as i'm concerned. (i'm amazed how little interest it has recieved here since it's inclusion on a '2011 pc games' thread elsewhere on these forums.

Reactions: Shadrach
Upvote 0
For some reason, Russian sims always have some ****ty "IRON - STEEL - METAL - AXE" name...
Just like Black Shark, am I right?
faceg.gif

Upvote 0
Sounds like a Russian name translated to English. :D

For some reason, Russian sims always have some ****ty "IRON - STEEL - METAL - AXE" name... makes me think of Dragonforce, Manowar and Hammerfall. :D

And.... NANOWAR!
Lol yeah. Even the latest IL-2 game, as you know, used to be called STORM OF WAR: BATTLE OF BRITAIN. Lol, I never thought that name fit. Cliffs of Dover makes much more sense, imo, and was probably a change mandated by Ubisoft. Probably the ONLY good decision they made regarding that game ...

Upvote 0
I yet have to see a game coming out of "Russia" that dosent feature a totally unnecessary overcomplicated and **** control scheme and/or UI...srsly... "

Also Game name made with "Random Wargame Title Generator Pro"

nevertheless, most of the best pc games of recent times have come from russia or eastern europe.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

greetings from Germany. I`m the producer responsible for the International versions (Non-Russian) of the game. The German version is to be released within the next 2 weeks and can be ordered here:

http://www.amazon.de/Steel-Amor-Bla...HS3Y/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1322642715&sr=8-1

The English version will be released soon after, but I can`t guarantee it will be in US / CDN stores before begin of 2012.

Upvote 0