• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

tank battles, i just dont get it.

austere

Mar 22, 2006
I luv, LUV the infantry maps. But the tanks maps are just boring I dont get it. I shoot the enemy tank several times but barely ever destroy them.

Where am I suppose to shoot the tanks to effectively damage it? It seems when I get shot anywhere...my tank explodes in 2-3 shots. Also, my tank tread got shot off one time, which I saw a thread about that before.

EDIT: woops meant to post in General section...but nm, just found a vid there on how to blow up tanks :)

To survive, always, always angle your tank to the enemy (if you are aiming with the turret, aim at the 1 or 11 oclock position, that should usually deflect most rounds (the IS2 is one exception... that one is a beast).

As for killing them hit them at flat angles (side's, back, even the front can be damaged)

If your opponent is angled and everything seems to bounce off, some good communication with another tank to flank them is helpfull, or if possible, move yourself (use cover if available)... dont just sit there hoping a round makes it through.

If you find that most rounds are deflecting off you, you can stick around and try to find a weak spot... but they can do the same, so dont think you are invulnarable.

Shadehunter

Upvote 0