• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

"suppressive fire effect"

Damn straight they should un-align!

Plus, even near-misses from high-velocity bullets will throw up dirt and stone chips that strike hard enough to cause injury. No-one is going to shoot straight with that stuff slashing into their face and the game should replicate this in some way.

The lack of true penetration makes a difference too. IRL people can't hide behind the very edge of cover because bullets will start to go through it (unless it's extremely hard, like bunker concrete).

Upvote 0
I would like to see some additional "gun shake" introduced when volumes of bullets fly by close to you.

This would simulate the added "nervous and shaken" effects real soldiers experience when under full-automatic suppression fire.
The current practice of "stand up, shoot back at that MG" is certainly not realistic - you'd be down crapping your pants in real life if you hear a MG42 poking your position.

Upvote 0
cajun47 said:
i read about that somewhere but i can't remember for which game. will players in this game get blurry/shaky vision maybe even freeze up for a moment if bullets pass real close?
Are you talking about BROTHERS IN ARMS which does have a suppression effect? And when bullets hit the ground besides you, you vision gets blurry by the soil or something.

Upvote 0
Zell said:
Seriously? Okay. They had limited access to the code while they were working on the mod, and now that they have full, uncensored, unadulterated access to the code, they can implement these things.

:/
They could've added some screen shaking or any suppression effect in the mod version. However, if you are talking about visual stuff like blur without getting choppy FPS, then the more <3 for RO:O :D.

Upvote 0