• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Best PC game controller?

I'm currently using Logitech's "Playstation" style joypad that I purchased for a mere $19.99 and I haven't encountered any problems thus so far. The hardware profile enables multiple games to be used including any old school titles; It features the dual control sticks and the regular d-pad, in addition to four buttons.

There is a more expensive version that incorporates the rumble pack feature which is $29.99-$39.99 depending on which store you visit.

Another idea if you're a Nintendo 64 enthusiast is some sort of adapter that allows for the console controller to be used like any other PC gamepad.

Upvote 0
Well, depends.

For most things I use a standard MS Keyboard and Mouse which bboth work reasonably well.

For flight sims I use my old MS Forcefeedback 2 USB stick. Works well too, but due to the lack of MS support for it, it does not run properly with X3... but that's only a minor annoyance.

For racing sims I use my Logitech Driving Force Pro. Genuineley a PS2 wheel, but with logitec-software works flawlessly on the PC. And it is the only wheel available ATM to offer full 900

Upvote 0
trench said:
i dont drive alot but thats intresting with 900, instead of 240. seems the 240 jsut doesnt get the job done sometimes. so you see big improvement with that - more realistic feeling ?

It ahs some pros and cons. The main advantage is that you can steer more precisely. A downside is, that it is harder to catch your car once it starts spinning, as you have to turn the wheel thrice the far you would usually. But with the added precision, that hapens rarely.

Also, with a key-combination, you can switch from 900

Last edited:
Upvote 0