• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Squad The Red Army

PUTZ said:
Huh? There's only two...[2.SS] and {3.SS}, aren't there?

Now I know 5 Clans with somewhat "historical" names: 13th Panzer Division, Volkshammer 69th Rifle Division, 3rd SS Panzer Division "Totenkopf", 9th SS Hohenstaufen and now the Red Army.

Now let's see: 4 out of 5 clans (80%) are "German"

Out of these 4 clans, 2 are SS, (50%, 40% total)

So in conclusion: I am glad that there is a "Russian" clan ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Finally another Russian unit!!

[-project.rattus-] said:
Now I know 5 Clans with somewhat "historical" names: 13th Panzer Division, Volkshammer 69th Rifle Division, 3rd SS Panzer Division "Totenkopf", 9th SS Hohenstaufen and now the Red Army.

Now let's see: 4 out of 5 clans (80%) are "German"

Out of these 4 clans, 2 are SS, (50%, 40% total)

So in conclusion: I am glad that there is a "Russian" clan ;)
Didn't 3.SS die a long time ago?

EDIT: Nevermind I just saw that new clan.

As of last night at 9.SS we decided to go with 2.SS since they were at the battle for Moscow and Kharkov, plus Normandy and the Ardennes offensive. Which is alot more fitting for RO:O and Resistance and liberation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Felix Ostheim said:
I'll just put in my 2 cents 'bout new 3. SS-Panzer I know the leader and alot of the members--most of them from DoD--and I would encourage people not to pass judgment on them over the name they are good guys and I think they will offer something to the community. The more the merrier don't you think?:cool:

Its not us passing judgement that you need to worry about - there are enough people in the world waiting to jump to accusations on anything WW2 that even allows you to play germans these days, seeing the game "connected" with a division convicted of war crimes and forever associated with death camps is going to be the perfect reason to ban a game from commercial sales in some countries...in which case there will be even LESS people able to buy or play it, which is no good for anyone involved. The less the merrier? The developers already removed the swastikas and SS symbols from the game, but apprently the "SS lookalike" symbols they used instead were STILL so controversial, hardly anyone in the german gaming press would still touch it - giving them more ammunition is hardly a good idea.

Now the only reason i posted that much completely Off-Topic for this thread is to prevent any more jumping up about it - as i made very clear in the one already closed, so back on topic :)

Upvote 0