• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[-project.rattus-]

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 21, 2005
Austria
www.youtube.com
I am one of those guys that enjoy the bonus DVDs with background info and so on more than the actual movie.
And with Allan tripwire seems to have quite a capable historian in the team. So I wonder if there could be a "ROclopedia", with infos about the weapons, the battlefields, the units and so on represented in game... I'd really like to know in which contexts the maps were fought, and who won which battle IRL.

I'm assuming that the game will come with a pdf manual. I've always liked the indepth manuals for games like Civ and Baldur's Gate, so maybe that information could be included there to spice up the reading. For example, there could be a section on the maps in the game, with both a general description of the map itself (what vehicles it has, general routes, objectives), as well as a historical overview of the actual battle itself.

It would definitely help out new players to get a feel for the game's scope, since most will only have the vaguest ideas of the East Front taken from Enemy at the Gates. Then they'll know that the IS-2 is an equal of the Tiger, and the PTRD isn't some sort of Russian sniper rifle...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Zetsumei said:
As RO tries to show the entire easternfrontier. That would mean creating the entire history of that war. I guess the best would be to get some books there should be plenty about it. There was some sort of small movie like thing going over the entire easternfront in java or flash or whatever. Maybe someone could repost that :p
Yes, but it would be nice if you have some sort of wiki.

Frontline 18 has this article-based system, in which they actually use their forum system.
It works well, you can also comment articles.

I even use those articles for my school work!
And you know what, thanks to those articles I finally have good grades.

It's so full of information, not using it is foolish :p

Upvote 0
FYROM said:
...but maybe some inspired community members...
Exactly, community members which are pointed out by the developing team.
People with a lot of knowledge about the Eastern Front...

People without bull**** stories, but people who have like 80 books at home describing what happend in every single street in Stalingrad...

Now that would make a very detailed wiki, and it can be of help to the dev's too, if they seek information ;).

At least that is how the article system at Frontline18's works ;)

Upvote 0