• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

My Questions of the Day

DieFledermaus

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 5, 2006
1. Remember the robot voice that would read any typed chat text? Is that gone from Ostfront? I found it helped alot as not everyone has a mike and I cannot LOOK at the typed text and often times it is undreadable since it is in the bottom left corner and is often backed by grass or wheat which renders it invisable. Is there anyway to turn that voice on in Ostfront?

2. Can people hear you speaking into your mic when you are dead? On one server I asked that question when I was dead and people answered me. But on other servers it did not seem to work, or it was impossible to tell as you cannot see a voice meter when you are dead.

3. How do I know the Public channel is working. I have switched to Public and said things like "Nice Shot", etc. and never get any response. I have not heard anyone else talking that seemed like they were on the other side speaking on the Public channel so it is hard to tell.

4. Please explain Local Channel in chat. Is that what one should use when you are in a tank trying to talk to your tank-mates? I keep hearing people dominating the Team Channel by talking non-stop to their tank crew. Should they be using "Local Channel"? Or is Local Channel for LAN parties and such?

5. I notice there is no longer Flying Death View. I loved that, not just for gathering sneak peaks as the enemy, but to be able to view the maps from above and admire the artwork. Will you guys ever post some screen shots of the whole maps, seen from above? I would like to see them just to admire them and show them to people who might want to buy the game. Or are you not letting them out to keep people from memorizing them too well?

DieFledermaus said:
1. Remember the robot voice that would read any typed chat text? Is that gone from Ostfront? I found it helped alot as not everyone has a mike and I cannot LOOK at the typed text and often times it is undreadable since it is in the bottom left corner and is often backed by grass or wheat which renders it invisable. Is there anyway to turn that voice on in Ostfront?

Still checking on this one

2. Can people hear you speaking into your mic when you are dead? On one server I asked that question when I was dead and people answered me. But on other servers it did not seem to work, or it was impossible to tell as you cannot see a voice meter when you are dead.

AFAIK, you aren't supposed to be able to speak while dead. Gotta doublecheck this one.

3. How do I know the Public channel is working. I have switched to Public and said things like "Nice Shot", etc. and never get any response. I have not heard anyone else talking that seemed like they were on the other side speaking on the Public channel so it is hard to tell.

This may be because of the lack of communication using the VoiP. Public channel seemed to work fine during testing.

4. Please explain Local Channel in chat. Is that what one should use when you are in a tank trying to talk to your tank-mates? I keep hearing people dominating the Team Channel by talking non-stop to their tank crew. Should they be using "Local Channel"? Or is Local Channel for LAN parties and such?

Local Channel should be used for tank communications. Team channel as I'm sure you know, could get quite hectic if everyone in tanks try to steer the driver over the same channel. Beware though that if you are on local and the opposing team is also on local, they will be able to hear you but during a tank battle this isn't as important compared to infantry.

5. I notice there is no longer Flying Death View. I loved that, not just for gathering sneak peaks as the enemy, but to be able to view the maps from above and admire the artwork. Will you guys ever post some screen shots of the whole maps, seen from above? I would like to see them just to admire them and show them to people who might want to buy the game. Or are you not letting them out to keep people from memorizing them too well?

While waiting to spawn (unless the server admin has disabled this) you can click the right mouse button or it may be the spacebar to rotate your views. One will be a roaming option. From there, you can freely roam the map while waiting to spawn. If you would like to simply roam the map and not play, the spectated feature works perfectly fine in the retail version as long as there isn't someone already spectating

Hope this helps

Upvote 0