• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Slight diff. Crit. error

Wolreiski

FNG / Fresh Meat
Mar 16, 2006
Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2014 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: No Video

Can't find file for package 'D3D9Drv'

History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not sure exactly what the d3d9drv is, but as I searched around on google it appears to be a render ordeal, but when I first saw this message I assuumed it to be the same as the others.

I'v been waiting to play this game all night!!! If there is a fix plz reply!!

**edit** I have tried the other ideas including deleting my .ini files and the RO folder w/ the ClientRegistry.blob. and nothing has seemed to work.

I just reformatted my computer and installed the video drivers twice, which I have an Nvidia FX5900xT I installed the motherboard drivers and the network drivers, so I think I am all set my spec is...

Video Card--FX5900xt
Processor--3200 AMD 64bit
Hard Drive-- ~170GB
intergrated Sound Card on my Mother board. I can't think of my Mobo right now but I know it's MSI. Thanks

Last edited:
go to your redorchestra.ini file which is located in the red orchestra system file and look for these series of lines:

[Engine.Engine]
RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
;RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice

change it so that it looks like this:

[Engine.Engine]
;RenderDevice=D3D9Drv.D3D9RenderDevice
RenderDevice=D3DDrv.D3DRenderDevice

try and run RO again.

Upvote 0