• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Grids on the overhead maps.

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
I don't know if you already added something like this, but i think that an overhead map with grids will help alot of people with the tactic discussion during a game. Instead of shouting the enemy is in the burning building, you can just say the enemy is at E6. Maybe adding street names, on the map would be helpfull aswell. Same with some names buildings. (and for realism sake a map showing the undestroyed city/area would be even more realistic)

THis probably wouldn't be too much time too implent (atleast the grid lines + numbers and letters) but i think it would help the communication between the team in a public match.

yea but

yea but

the problem is the a grid is a grid and dosnt reflect the organic shapes of maps it would be eather to big or too small(the grid size(i would think smalled is better)).
I think super detailed maps of the levels should be made and people should be able to make their own maps/adjustments to the existing soot line maps which are great but im sure a few marks made during combat or just b4 would improve the whole thing

Upvote 0
I'm not sure, but I think mappers can add in grid lines to their overhead maps already, if they choose. Might be a better solution than a "one size fits all" grid that would be too big for some, too small for others.

Might work if there was a "grid size" option for mappers to adjust the spacing of a grid on the overhead, so that it would be as large or small as they wanted.

Upvote 0
Lonyo said:
Kalinin has grids on its overhead map. I would assume it's a mapper thing, the mapper just needs to alter the pic used for overhead maps slightly. Might be a nice addition.

I know it's easy to change, that's not the main thing of my request. It more to mainstream the methods to call certain locations. If let's say every clan creates its own overhead map, or has his own names for things. What about good public play communication, especially for a new player that might be wondering. What to call a certain location. A grid would make it easier.

Upvote 0