• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Sizes of pictures in signatures? Why is high better than wide??

I see that I have gotten a "funny" image, instead of mye real, fair enough.

But tell me:

Isnt my previous sig of a better size than the new one?

I mean, high pictures take more screen real estate than wide ones.

My previous sig:500x83
bfnosigg6zw.jpg

The new "correctlysized" one. (400x150)
sigreplacement4copy2ox.jpg

I urge you to reconsider the policy, and go for wider sig pictures instead of higher.

The rules are set at that because that's what they are, and they are non-negotiable, as it says in the FAQ. 400x150 and 100K have been the limits since forever on the RO forums.

From the FAQ:

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, you can have both text and images
- For text signatures: 4 lines normal size, 8 lines small size and up to 100 chars per line. Font sizes above 2 are not allowed. (Blank lines count as lines.)
- For images in signatures: 1 image up to 400 pixels wide, 150 pixels tall and 100k in size plus 2 lines normal size text and up to 100 chars per line

Final Note: this is NOT open to debate, so please do NOT start whining and moaning if a moderator asks you to change something. They will advise at first, giving reasons, then, if you take no notice, they will step up the pressure through to banning.

Sorry, but that's how it is :)

Upvote 0