• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

The best soundcard and speaker system

trillex

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
The hunt for the best soundcard is a very hard one and I have been searching with a flashlight and looking glass lately for a card that will give the newer games justice. I have yet to find the best gamer sound card where I can really immense into the game. One of the games with the most impressive sound I've ever heard is Red Orchestra and I've planned for a year now to try and do my best to have the best sound experience in this game.

But spending a lot of money on hardware is not something I can afford all the time so I want to do a well thought purchase and now that Red Orchestra will go retail, I'm sure I'm in for a hell of a ride with amazing sound. We have all heard what Tripwire's sound engineer(s) can do.

What I need is: A soundcard and either speaker system or headset which can give me the best sound experience.

Do you guys have any ideas?

I'm sorry if this is not the best forum. :)

Xendance said:
GET THEM! Don't think, just do!

I just received my set and OMG! Just got done playing DoD...you don't need force-feedback anything with the Z5500s.

Just a warning, make sure the stuff on your walls is secure, or it's guaranteed to fall off. I had to take some pictures down after they wouldn't stay up anymore. And you really can't turn the volume above half way or you'll blow your eardrums.

In short, they are awesome. Buy buy buy.

Upvote 0
[CoR]MiccyNarc said:
GET THEM! Don't think, just do!

I just received my set and OMG! Just got done playing DoD...you don't need force-feedback anything with the Z5500s.

Just a warning, make sure the stuff on your walls is secure, or it's guaranteed to fall off. I had to take some pictures down after they wouldn't stay up anymore. And you really can't turn the volume above half way or you'll blow your eardrums.

In short, they are awesome. Buy buy buy.

I think I might buy them because they cost only about 300€.
But I need a new soundcard :/

Upvote 0
Nyu said:
If you're worried about money then don't waste your money on a giant speaker system but instead use headphones and the regular version of the Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS.
Don't!!! Audigy 2 ZS is the worst soundcard ever!!!

Incomplete ASIO 2.0 drivers, EAX binaries are ff-ed up...

You could better get the X-Fi, I tried it once and it blew my mind!!!

Amazing sounds (in BF2 you could hear more than a thousand things at the same time, and you can hear things happening miles away), and a framerate increase of 18 Average FPS!!!

Upvote 0
SgtH3nry3 said:

Incomplete ASIO 2.0 drivers, EAX binaries are ff-ed up...

You could better get the X-Fi, I tried it once and it blew my mind!!!

Amazing sounds (in BF2 you could hear more than a thousand things at the same time, and you can hear things happening miles away), and a framerate increase of 18 Average FPS!!!

Problem with this is that the cheapest X-Fi costs 2x of what Audigy 4 costs. X-Fi gaming thing costs 4x as much

Upvote 0
SgtH3nry3 said:

Don't believe what this guy says. Today most gamers still use some version of the audigy 2 zs eventhough the x-fi has been out for a few months. Since I was talking more about money the audigy is obviously cheaper than the x-fi. At newegg.com the audigy 2 zs OEM is $70 but the cheapest version of the x-fi, Xtrememusic, is $120.

audigy 2 zs OEM: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102178

x-fi xtrememusic: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102188

Upvote 0