• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Say it isnt so the new list of guns...

I'd love an M44 (as you can see by my own in my sig...). The bayonet unfolding anim would be pretty kickass to see.

I don't know what the chances are for the Nagant and PPD. Most of the animations have been redone, so who knows if the devs thought it was worth the time to redo those two since they weren't as prevalent.

The Nagant was a pretty prominent standard in the Red Army, but from a gameplay perspective it's an absolute piece of **** (11 hour reload time :p ). The PPD was quickly replaced by the much better PPSh.

Upvote 0
It woulden't make sense not to include them really... Anyhow even if there out of the first release for some mysterious reason im sure theyll be back in asap. I hope RO avoids the typical fps, 'not adding any content' trend of retail games and sticks with the 'new **** all the time' trend of mod's, new things adds so much replayability to a game

Upvote 0
The PPD40 is still in, I am 95% sure, if I recall a conversation I once had with someone correctly. It's just not listed on the weapons page.
As for the others, well, if the PPD40 is in, then obviously the list isn't complete, and we'll have to wait and see what else has and hasn't made the cut.

Also:
The weapon did not arrive in the hands of the troops in great numbers until 1942, by which time the Red Army was fighting for its life. The lethal effect of the PPSh was much appreciated by the soldiers in the field. Unlike the Sten or M3, the weapon was finished to a high standard and more importantly proved utterly reliable even in the depths of a Russian winter. In fact, it proved so popular that the German Army seized any captured examples for their own use, even modifying some to fire their own 9 mm round.

^^ That means unless all the RO maps are 1942 or later, the Russians would have no SMG's at all for any early maps. Which seems highly unlikely.

<Pycckuu> will you guys take extra care to use proper weapons for specific stages of the war?
<Yoshiro> yes Pycckuu

Although there were apparently not many PPD40's, and I cant think of any maps in RO3.3 that only have PPD40, all have PPSh41.
So it could have been removed. Yoshiro only said to refer to the weapon list. So it's all speculation ATM.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
K, new post :p

[16:27] <Ramm|Gone> <Lonyo|UniHat> Yoshiro
[16:27] <Ramm|Gone> <Lonyo|UniHat> the PPD40's in isn't it
[16:28] <Ramm|Gone> PPD40 is still in

^^ PPD40 is in but not on weapons list, so anything else could be in, and we either have to bug the devs, or wait and see, so don't fret about Nagant revolvers or broomhandles just yet.

Upvote 0
Lonyo said:
K, new post :p

[16:27] <Ramm|Gone> <Lonyo|UniHat> Yoshiro
[16:27] <Ramm|Gone> <Lonyo|UniHat> the PPD40's in isn't it
[16:28] <Ramm|Gone> PPD40 is still in

^^ PPD40 is in but not on weapons list, so anything else could be in, and we either have to bug the devs, or wait and see, so don't fret about Nagant revolvers or broomhandles just yet.

Sounds good
I think we are all so used to getting a fast response from the RO team that we are a little nerves when its so quite .

Not saying its a bad thing i have nothing but love for the RO Developer's and i know its to build up the suspense .:D

Upvote 0
Vulture said:
The revolver needed sounds as well, as far as I remember.

The Nagant 1895 worked fine in the game, I have fond memories of using it on Pavlov. As was said before though, the model and texture weren't up to par with the current work being put out by the team. I'm definately looking forward to seeing if it's in this time, though.

Upvote 0
weapons not in the list:

PPD
MP41
C96
M1895 (revolver)
M1914 (colt)
Scoped Kar
Scoped 91/30

7 missing weapons. Which means if they are all in 1 new weapon. If the scoped weapons are considered the same as the rifles, and the mp41 and colt are cut (which they might be) 4 new weapons. My money is on no more colt and scoped semi autos.

Upvote 0