• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Helping new players.

Zetsumei

Grizzled Veteran
Nov 22, 2005
Amsterdam, Netherlands
Alot of people that like red orchestra like it because of the community, although alot of people that tried it said they don't like the community.

On publics after releases of old RO versions, we always got the new players asking: Where is the crosshair? How to pick up weapons? and all those common questions that can be found out easily by going into the configurations and keyboard imput section of the menu. Not to forget the brave teamkill grenades and shots because of not knowing the uniforms.

But although people could easily find it out themselfs just support and help them. We can never guess howmany people will buy red orchestra at the start of the game. But we can atleast try to get recognized as a nice community. And not a "n00b bashing" community that is only nice for "1337 people".

So i think as common players, we should dedicate some extra time as a community to educate the new players. We'll be getting a new wave of players, let's brainwash them in teamplay bastards, so they will do so aswell.

So basically this is a request of me to the entire community, be nice to new players and put some time in them. So they can have a good time, resulting in the entire community getting a good time)

(maybe calling 1 clanserver "the new player server" where we can educate some people :p)
(let's hope we won't get millions of turncoats joining up on ro:eek: putting the teamkill punishment to ban instead of kick might be a bit harsh especially in the start for new players)

Ramm said in the gamecloud interview that they are implementing something to easen up the learning curve, maybe some pointers on what to do... Well.. As long as they aren't told by a dog or something.

In addition to this I also think that all of the community would help newcomers to learn, instead of calling them nubs or other insulting names. You never know how good players those "noobs" evolve once encouraged and given advice.

Upvote 0
is this gonna be like the big brother program.
each designated vet will be assigned a noob or two?
then they will be personally responsible for the said noobs?

if so, will someone please adopt me. i do have
a short attention span, i only listen to instrucitons that appeal to me,
and i whine however - i am potty trained and have boundless energy.

040813aNathan.jpg

seriously, it smart to nice to noobs cause they will be covering your ass one day. ;)

Upvote 0